Comfortghan for Alex

Mermaiden

Ok. I know that I made the squares quite a while ago, but with moving, things have been crazy! They're actually in a package ready to be taken to the post office, which I hope to do today or tomorrow. I hope you can still use them! Perhaps you can make them into a scarf if you've got too many squares. If you just can't use them, just send them on to someone who can. :) How are you going with it? How many more squares do you need, or do you have enough?

Victoria

No it's alright, I can still use them! My own progress on square making has been a bit slow, lol. I'm basically now going to fill in amongst all the lovely donated ones with whatever color or design might be needed to bring them all together for the final piece. Gotta get a new pic taken soon, and update that total count! Have not been home very much all weekend but it is on my to-do list for this week. :hook

Ok. I took the squares to the post office yesterday (Sunday) so they should have been sent in the morning post, at 7:00 AM, so they should be to you by, well... Christmas? :) Hope they get there safe and sound!

Victoria

Oh wow, have 72 squares now! :yay Will be working now on edging and getting all the lovely little squares into afghan format. 8 more will make an even row, so I'll fill in that gap once all arrive in the mail now. Shouldn't be needing any more. :) I am pretty sure I've gotten thanks sent out to everyone who has sent me some squares, but again :ty thanks so much! I'll post a pic of progress soon as I can. :manyheart

For now, here are the squares.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93226392@N00/1057737658/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't talk to them a lot in person so I'm not sure about any changes right now.

And I regret that I haven't gotten a lot done with the edging yet because I had 3 gift things to crochet under time constraints since the last posting. :loco Now I just have a baby blanket left to get done by next week, then it's full steam ahead on this project! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update -- I was out of town over the weekend (Dragon*Con, anyone else go??) and just got finished with the last of the gifts. So NOW I'm getting started on edging and joining! :) I'm a little nervous as it's the first afghan I've actually joined, except for a little practice on my Morning Glory afghan... but it was in 7 strips, not squares, and also it's very 1 sided so it didn't matter how I joined it. Will be using a much prettier method on these! I'll post which I decide on for sure before I'm done edging. Thankfully, my crochet pal will be able to help me out and be sure I do it right! :lol

• 1 month later...

Oops... been a while since I posted! I am busy edging away, and should be done with that part very soon at this rate. My start on that was delayed because I wanted to wait and confer with my friend who taught me to crochet. Even though I've been at it strong for a year and a half now, this is my first actual granny square afghan so I needed the assurance on edging and joining before starting. :lol:hook

And yes Dragoncon was a blast! :D I can't wait 'til next year's. I have no idea what kind of a costume to get started on yet, though. :o I don't have all my photos in a public album at the moment but a couple of them are here. I'll try to remember to add more to it afterwhile. :D

• 2 months later...

Okay, this is well past due for an update. I am going to be finished edging by today! They just moved, further North where it's colder, which makes this all the better now. :)

I had really wanted to have this done in time for Christmas, but it will make it there around New Year's anyway. First came training at work, which took the place of my crochet time for a while. Next came Ravelry, which I'll admit, absorbed a ton of my time, as I am as hooked on there as I am here, lol. Not with my personal stuff, though I definitely got a lot of learning in from that, but my passion is editing. And boy is there a lot to edit over there! I am in heaven. LOL Then came the holidays, well you know how that goes. But I'm back on it!!!

Archived