Can I return it???

free2be

This is a silly question...but a few months back there was a great sale (and what isn't) at JoAnns and I bought about 20 skeins of RH. The problem is I used a few skeins and forgot what the others were for. So now I have about 10 skeins of random colors nothing matches and they dont really go well together. I am working on another afghan now and I could really use more yarn in those colors. DO you think JoAnns will let me swap out my old yarn? They have never been opened but I dont have a receipt at this point.

Free

It wouldn't hurt to try as long as you are just exchanging them. It would have to be for the same brand I think but go try the worst they would tell you is no!

I worked retail for awhile, and they will let you exchange, but be ready to get "current price" for the yarn you are exchanging without a receipt. Ex: if it is now on clearance for 50 cents a skein, that's all they will exchange it for. But it's worth a shot!!

If ever you can't swap the yarn, you can always buy a bunch of black or white yarn and use it in between the colors for either a granny or striped afghan. Almost any colors can go together with enough neutral to go between them. :)

I did that at Michael's. I bought a bunch at an awesome sale and decided I didn't like the color after a couple months. I figured I'd try to echange it since I had a big project o start. Well, the diff between the sale price and the normal price was enough to finish a ghan for free!

I didn't do it on purpose but it was a nice surprise.

Wow i wish i was as lucky as you guys. I had bought 10 skeins of homespun and when i got to using it I HATED IT. I remember reading this and had just lost the reciept so didn't think it would be a big deal to exchange. When i went back to michaels they told me they could only do it by discounting 40 percent. So i didn't get to exchange for the price that i payed. It was okay i just needed to get rid of that gross yarn, but i thought i would just be able to do an even exchange like the rest of you guys.

Archived