Collectible Doily Series along?

amalin06

I have about 8 or 9 more rnds to do then I'm done with this one. I am taking my time on the next one though cause my fingers cramp up cause everything is so little. I will post pics in a couple days.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my finished Doily. I don't have any starch yet so it is still flimsy and a little wonky.

th_P4200068.jpg

I started the Royal Diamond Table Topper today as of right now I think I am on rnd 7. I am doing it in size 10 New Ecru and the edging in some kind of red I haven't bought it yet.

Very pretty, I can't wait to get back and finish mine..... What was the name of the one you finished?? I found my book here at home and was wondering which one to do next....

Oh don't have that one in my book......I bought mine years ago and I only took a couple of months before I quit....Lovely pattern, it looks really pretty. Thanks for the info..

Here is a picture of my doily through row 27__craigslist008.jpg

using white size 10 crochet thread and hot pink size 40 sewing thread...

do you just hold the sewing thread and crochet thread together? i've never heard of that of course i'm only on my 3rd doily in my life and never before worked with crochet thread but please tell me how you are using both sewing and crochet thread sounds interesting:think :blush:hook

Yes you just do them together as you would a two strand afghan. The #40 sewing thread comes in great colors. It really adds color to the pattern. I will take a closeup picture when I get back to the motorhome, where it is.

This here is a better picture of my Doily. I figured out how to do it right after 3 months of trying to:

P4200068-2.jpg

I haven't worked on my doily for a couple of days. I've been working on a baby blanket for my cousin who is due in oct. but I like to get things done early cause I don't like to be on a tight squeduale.

I worked on mine today, I am now on row 33. It is takeing quite a while, but I am now working on a afghan for charity....I like to switch back and forth between thread and yarn..... will get back on it tomorrow. can't see good enough at night, that is why I switch to yarn... with my lighted hook...LOL

This here is a better picture of my Doily. I figured out how to do it right after 3 months of trying to:

P4200068-2.jpg

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Thank you Shadow:c9 . It was my first Doily changing colors and only my second doily all together.

P4200068-2.jpg

Ha Ha I just realized this but you can see my son's hand in the upper right hand corner.:haha:laughroll

OK, i am just about done with my doily, can't post picture until I am home next week......It has 24 scallops around the outside they are 6 row scallops....I am on # 4 of the scallops....at first when I seen the pattern I thought it was a two layer ruffle, but it isn't.....I am kind of disappointed, want to make a ruffle...but this was fun and can't wait to post a picture.....

I am on the scallops,too and they are bugging me. The first one was ok - and the second one..and I wound having just ONE space in between the 2. Now I am getting 2 spaces in between scallops.:think I am reading the pattern each time I do a scallop. I was shocked at what they were, too - thinking it was a ruffle. It Was fun to do.

I really don't think the pattern is right, I sort of just adjusted mine to fit....I mean it doesn't tell you to go to the next DC on the PC row but you have to, to make it work....it takes 10 full SP to make the scallops

Archived