I got YARN! (spoken by a dyed-in-the-wool threadie)

RachelG

Now that I have it, all I want to do is drool and pet it... How am I supposed to make anything with it?

2 skeins of Caron Wintuk in Royal Blue

2 skeins of soft yummy Lion Brand Homespun in Waterfall

1 ball of the absolutely gorgeous Incredible Ribbon Yarn in the color "Carnival"...a rainbow variegated (not pastel).

It's all so pretty! Now I'm not sure what to make. I'll have to look and see if I have enough for an open-stitch poncho (which would be my first), and the ribbon yarn (if I can bear to use it at all) will have to be for something special.

Me? Excited? Of course not. :wink

I'm not so much of a poncho person but I can say that THREE skeins of the LB Homespun will make the Town & Country Capelet, so 2 skeins could do something of a similar size (just for reference, not really a suggestion). By the time I got to third skein it was so big around it really only added 3 inches to the total.

• 4 weeks later...

Update for Rebecca: :wink

I made a rectangle stole out of the 2 skeins of Homespun...just used a granny square type pattern so it has holes and didn't use up so much yarn...and it is SO soft.

I'm in the middle of crocheting a belt out of the Incredible (it's working up great)... I just need to get a metal loop for one end at a craft store.

And I think I'll use the Wintuk to make my first hat. Of course, if that's what I do, I'll chose one of Dot's patterns. The question is: Which one? :thinking1

Archived