new to thread

honeebee

hi I am new to crochet and to threading and was wondering if anyone else had problems with the thread twisting as you use it? I have always loved the look of lacy doilies and just didn't realize that I could make my own. I'm so glad I found this site.:yay I was also wondering if someone would look at a pattern for me tell me if this is a typo in the stitch.

tha pattern is called gardners bookmark. http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?mode=list&offset=21&limit=21&status_id=A&cat_id=307

it is for the cluster stitch.I'm just not sure if I'm reading this right.

thank you for all the help.

ps i hope I'm not making a booboo by posting the link, If I am I'm sorry.:blush

I just checked out the pattern and there is no typo that I could see. How they are making the cluster is 2 triples, holding the last loop of each triple on your hook and then yo over and pull thru the 3 loops on your hook.

I hope this helps.

Welcome to the thread addiction!

Here's a link with a video tutorial how to do a cluster stitch.

I still have not done this. What you need is some kind of thread holder so the thread unwinds from the ball w/o adding twist to is as your crochet.

Some get toilet paper holders or paper towel holders to do this.

When I crochet with thread, I use a CD wheel to keep my thread from twisting. When you buy a package of blank CDs (without cases), they come on a base with a long stick coming up through the middle through the holes in the CD. They are PERFECT for thread skeins and prevent twisting.

i was trying to figure out a way to keep the thread from tangeling and saw my paper towel holder on the counter. it's not perfect but it works. at least until i cant invent something better. my brain is always going a mile a minute.

have a great day ladies.(and gents)

• 3 weeks later...
When I crochet with thread, I use a CD wheel to keep my thread from twisting. When you buy a package of blank CDs (without cases), they come on a base with a long stick coming up through the middle through the holes in the CD. They are PERFECT for thread skeins and prevent twisting.

How clever!

Archived