Alright, what is it?

Ambersafghans

Lionbrand fun fur is more stringy - the fur is more straight. The cha cha yarn is more curly. I can take pictures of them next to eachother, with the strands coming out, if you'd like. As far as working with them, they are the same except the end result is different. I think I have example pictures from cap edgings that I did. Let me know if you want the pictures.

I'd love to see those pictures! But I'm not sure if I could on the forum. Do you think you could email them to me? I don't want you to take to much trouble, but I would appreciate it.

Sounds like I want to go with the Cha Cha, but seeing the end product (And maybe sending the picture to my Aunt) Would help a bunch! Thanks so much!

I'll check that web site out as well. (I had to submit it to Characterlink)

Amber

Oh hey Amber, I am crocheting a scarf for my step sister right now - holding together a strand of the green fun fur yarn with a strand of red heart baby fingering weight yarn in white. It seems to be working pretty well! The fun fur covers the white for the most part, and the fingering weight is thinner than the baby sport yarn so it's not real bulky.

I haven't tried the vacuum trick... mostly because I don't own any pantyhose lmao, so what I have been doing is brushing the fur out. I have a little cheapie bristle brush (yanno like the ones we had when I was a kid) I think it came from the dollar store or something, it's a skinny little brush with a comb that folds into it.... anyway I use that to brush the fur out. Works like a charm. The first scarf I made I used my yarn needle to pluck and that took for freakin' EVER. Never again said I. Then I remembered that little brush and dug it out. It is now one of my yarn tools and that's it's only use lol.

Archived