Help I need to get organized!

All of my crochet pattern books, leaflets, and magazines are just thrown in a huge rubber maid container. I really need to get organized so it is much easier to look for a book or pattern. Anyone have any great ideas? Where and how do you store your patterns for quick and easy reference?

I have wool in one see thru tote, acrylic in another, Christmas color stuff in another (acrylic) and my Boku in a small tote. I need more totes, and a place to put them. Baby yarn (not much) cotton (not too much) and then there are the blends....

Just a suggestion why not buy some three ring binder and the see through sleeves and then you can organize them buy wear able home decor .childrens, pets what not ...not sure if that helps

After putting them in binders you can always make a label to put on the end that says what it is inside them when you need something you know where to find them

I am just starting my collection so I don't have as many as you have but I went to staples and bought those magazine holders - they are open on top/side and you can see all the names of your books and larger pamphlets. I also have a binder with the clear 3 hole sheets and I put my printed out patterns in there and all the rip offs I get from the store.

There are some real cheap magazine holders but I got the ones that were a bit more sturdy.

go to their site and search on magazine holders

I have all the supplies to be organized. I have binders, protector sheets, file folders, magazine holders, bins, boxes, pouches, totes--you name it! They are all in the original packaging in the craft room. Along with the bags of yarn, supplies, pattern books, magazines, other craft projects... I would rather crochet than organize. My craft room looked gorgeous a couple of years ago, but now I can hardly get the door open, and I have to step over the piles of stuff to get to what I want. I think I have to resolve to not buy anything I don't have a spot for, and to put things away as soon as I bring them home. Now I found out that my JoAnn's is moving to another location, and everything in the store will be clearanced out over the next two months! The thrill of the hunt! Let the games begin!

All my yarn is in Rubbermaid bins as well, and I really, really need to think of a better way to store it. I was thinking about some of those plastic containers with the three clear drawers in them. Hmmm.

My patterns and books are all nice, though. I've got a great three-ring binder for my printed patterns and a whole shelf of my desk designated for crochet books. I've got a small hook case for my best hooks and the rest are all in a plastic pencil case. Office supplies are the way to go for notion storage.

I have wool in one see thru tote, acrylic in another, Christmas color stuff in another (acrylic) and my Boku in a small tote. I need more totes, and a place to put them. Baby yarn (not much) cotton (not too much) and then there are the blends....

This is a great idea for yarn! I have all of mine just in a cedar chest. Thanks for sharing! :yarn

I have all the supplies to be organized. I have binders, protector sheets, file folders, magazine holders, bins, boxes, pouches, totes--you name it! They are all in the original packaging in the craft room. Along with the bags of yarn, supplies, pattern books, magazines, other craft projects... I would rather crochet than organize. My craft room looked gorgeous a couple of years ago, but now I can hardly get the door open, and I have to step over the piles of stuff to get to what I want. I think I have to resolve to not buy anything I don't have a spot for, and to put things away as soon as I bring them home. Now I found out that my JoAnn's is moving to another location, and everything in the store will be clearanced out over the next two months! The thrill of the hunt! Let the games begin!

I would love to have a craft room! I like your attitude, rather be crocheting than getting organized, hehehe. :lol

For printed online patterns, I have them organized in really large 3-ring binders. For generic patterns, they're in a 5" spine binder; for patterns I want to make for gifts, they're in a 3" binder, and my thread patterns are in a normal notebook binder. The patterns that have inspired me to design something else, they're in another 3" binder. My WIPs are with the materials I'm using, and the soon-to-be made gifts are in folders. My beginners' books that I use during teaching are organized together, as well as some patterns that are suitable for various levels. The rest of the books are organized by category: knitting, Irish Crochet, variety (i.e., the "Make It Yourself Series, BH&G, etc.), sweaters, afghans, babies, stitch encyclopedias,etc. My yarn stash, however, is a different story. I once had them organized by type and color, but dh wanted me to compress and not use so much space, so I restuffed my folding-top bins on my shelving unit. My balls of thread are stored in a canvas bin I purchased from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, when it was on clearance for $2. Needless to say, it's already outgrown the space in the 6 weeks I've had the bin, and the thread balls seem to be multiplying faster than dust bunnies. They're all now in the bin, a large, zippered canvas tote, and a small tote I bought at Hobby Lobby that is carried along with me wherever I go.

Archived