Any interest in a sampler-strip afghan?

Interested in a Sampler/Strip Afghan CAL?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in a Sampler/Strip Afghan CAL?

• yep
    • nope
    • lemme think about it

My idea is to make a strip afghan (I lug my crochet to and from work every day, I get a lot done on the commute) that is also a sampler afghan. I have the Leisure Arts Big Book of Dishcloths and my thought is to use the stitches in there to make continuous strips. No squares. I would make five strips; they would vary very slightly in width as some would start with a ch 37, ch 41, etc. depending on the requirements of the stitches that followed. Each strip would have three different stitches, doing ~10" of each stitch, putting just a row of sc in between.

Anyone want to take the plunge with me?

PS Forgot to mention that I would provide the names of the stitches I was using for each strip.

That sounds cool!

I don't have time to do it now, but I thought I'd let you know that it sounds like a great idea!

I like this idea, despite the fact that I don't have the book. :wink

I think a strip sampler afghan sounds great. All the variety of a sampler afghan with only about 25% of the frustration! :lol:hook

Thanks for the replies. I will figure out what stitches I'll use for which panel, and try it out to make sure they transition well, and when I've got my act together I'll post it on the CAL thread. :)

Hi,It is a neat idea. My friend had a book which had squares of different stitches and then made it in an afghan.It was a lovely off white colour too.This idea of strips is good too.But unfortunately I wont be able to join you.At present I am making squares for my daughters bed cover and many other projects on the hook.But maybe I shall keep a note of all the stitches you post here.

Archived