Caitlin's Purse/Handbag

nucki

th_March07009.jpg th_March07010.jpg th_March07011.jpg (clicky clicky)

Caitlin got this little craft kit from one of her friends as a late Christmas present. On the front, it says "fun with yarns," and it shows a kid with an "ice cream cone" and a "wig." She and I both thought that it would be more than just making pom-poms. WRONG!!! The kit was nothing BUT stuff to make pom-poms. Different sizes, granted, but just pom-poms. And what the heck is a 10 year old kid going to do with a bunch of pom-poms?

So as she and I were both puzzling over this box, an idea came to me. "You know what I could do with this?" I said to her. "I can make you a little purse out of it. It wouldn't be very big, but it would be big enough for YOU."

I had a few things that just had to be done between then and now - baby items for my neighbor's granddaughter, and my swap package - but now that THAT stuff is all out of the way, I thought I should get this done, especially as I knew that it wouldn't take me very long. I started it on Saturday night and just finished it a little while ago.

It's all acrylic yarn, so I lined it with some scraps from a set of curtains I made for my kitchen cabinets last summer. Actually, it's a big bedsheet that I tie-dyed in my washing machine! :D She seems to like it so far - she asked me several times before she went to bed tonight if I was going to get it finished or not. :hook

Awesome! I've got a few nieces that would love that. What pattern did you use? :yarn

No pattern. It's just 25 sc across, 5 rows of each color, with 2 rows of black in between. Then when I thought it was big enough, I decreased one stitch each row until I got to a point.

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy! :hook

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy! :hook

Hey, that means that maybe even I could make it. :D That would be great gifts for the girls in my family for the Holidays and birthdays... Gracias.

And did you do a SC border in red and seam it up the outside with a red sc? How's the handle made and attached? (Sorry to bug you...)

Archived