feedback on "200 ripples"?

i have noticed that many of u have mentioned this book....is it worth the purchase? i really enjoy ripples, especially since i am a beginner

thanks

oh, and the tendonitis i had in the elbow a few weeks ago, came back!! i live in cronic daily back and hip pain, so i took up crocheting for a "relief"...then, what happens? i get tendonitis in the elbow!! i guess, i am just supposed to sit and STARE at walls for the rest of my life (i am only 56)....that stinks!!!:angry

I think so, although I haven't purchased it for myself yet. Half the patterns are knit, just to let you know, but the crochet stitches are very nice. You should see if your local library can get a copy for you to peruse.

i own the book, and i like it. it has alot of different ideas, but half of the patterns are knit. i would do like she said and see if you can get it thru your local library, before spending the money.

i have noticed that many of u have mentioned this book....is it worth the purchase? i really enjoy ripples, especially since i am a beginner

thanks

oh, and the tendonitis i had in the elbow a few weeks ago, came back!! i live in cronic daily back and hip pain, so i took up crocheting for a "relief"...then, what happens? i get tendonitis in the elbow!! i guess, i am just supposed to sit and STARE at walls for the rest of my life (i am only 56)....that stinks!!!:angry

Go easy with the tendonitis! I have it, too, and find I need to take frequent breaks when I crochet (15 minutes on, 15 minutes off, 15 minutes on, etc.). Also, I use those craft gloves to help with the strain (you can get them either at a LYS or Michaels, Joann's, AC Moore, etc.). And if your doctor has told you to take a break for a while, by all means do it. Better to go a few weeks without the hook than overdo and not be able to do anything for a very long time.

One thing with this book is that they call it one pattern with a yarn, and then if they change colors, etc. it is considered a different pattern

For Example:

An all red afghan is considered say pattern #7

Then the next one, same stitches, different yarn is pattern #8.

To me, it is the same pattern, don't consider it a new pattern, it is just a variation of the first one.

So There is probably really only 100 or so patterns in the book, and half are knitted.

I go along with the other ones and say take it out of your library first before you invest in it.

:manyheart

Archived