fluffy scarves

cupcake

Well I am now completed 2 weeks of jury duty and the pile of finish items grows. Here are some fluffy scarves I made last week. The pretty girls are my sons "mates".. the one on the right is his gf. He gets a bit miffed with me as the girls are always interested in what I have been making (rather than admiring his pecs :D )

Now remember it is the end of our summer here, 30 plus degrees yesterday when they modeled these for me.

aaahhh don't I wish I could wear shorts like that !

img1292bj4.th.jpg

The yarn is that moda stuff that I picked up for $1.50 ball at Spotlight. I dont need any more scarves in my life, but I just love the feel of this stuff and such a bargain! I used 2 balls a scarf. The girls were happy as they are off to NZ ski ing in the June hols.

Row 1:Made a chain of about 25, 1dc/sc in the 6th from the hook, miss 2 1dc across.

Row 2: 3ch, 1dc in the spaces.

This gives a nice lacy look which makes the scarf soft and stretchy.

One of my fellow jurors went off and bought some yarn to make a scarf. This was my crochet clinic during the incredibly long waits.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the nice comments. The scarves are pretty basic I know, but I never get tired of making them. So much lovely yarn about, with such interesting textures.

Pretty girls, pretty scarves :)

Thanks they are also clever girls as well! The one on the left has the most amazing opera singing voice; she sang for me when she was here the other day and sent shivers up my spine. The lass on the R is a hot shot tennis player. My son has an eye for talent it seems!

Archived