Sweet Pea Shawl CAL?

Romiettah

I'd like too join in, i'm making this for a scarf swap actually, being the end of winter I took a chance and asked my pal if she'd prefer a wrap or shawl in place of a scarf, and it's exactly what she wants!! I'm using TLC Essentials in Shaded Denim (very pretty shades of blue) I did the first set of shells already :yay

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like too join in, i'm making this for a scarf swap actually, being the end of winter I took a chance and asked my pal if she'd prefer a wrap or shawl in place of a scarf, and it's exactly what she wants!! I'm using TLC Essentials in Shaded Denim (very pretty shades of blue) I did the first set of shells already :yay

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see what the shawl looks like!!!

Welcome Barb! Can't wait to see it in the TLC Essentials - I made a Shawl with that last year (one of Lisa's - CrochetGarden) and it was AWESOME! The drape is really nice on that yarn, I just know this will be perfect in that!

Thanks Amie! I've used Flash to made my daughter a dress last year and I think the yarn I am using for the SP (Reynold's Saucy Swirl) will result in a similar drape.

Yes. I agree. I have the Saucy Sport and it's similar to the Flash in drape.

Congrats on your progress! It's looking great!! :clap

:hook YAY! I'm done with mine. It's on my blog. I took a bad picture I think.

The yarn is Classic Elite in Bluebell which is a blue and white combo. It will be great to wear out casually with jeans. :manyheart

I bought my yarn today and it is going so quickly almost done with the first skein...It is called Eden print by Madil and is 100% bamboo. I am off to crochet some more...look forward to seeing everyone else's ..

love that Bluebell.

Oh andiM! It's gorgeous! Congrats on getting it done! WOOT!

Thank you! :hug

:hook YAY! I'm done with mine. It's on my blog. I took a bad picture I think.

The yarn is Classic Elite in Bluebell which is a blue and white combo. It will be great to wear out casually with jeans. :manyheart

It looks AWESOME!!! How long do you think you spent on it? Also, I likle how you draped it over the chair, that was a cute idea!!!

Well you all inspired me. I just HAD to do this too. So I rummaged around in my stash and found enough Simply Soft in coral for this project. I finished it yesterday - still have to put fringe on it. Will take pics soon and share. I love how it turned out!

I bought my yarn today and it is going so quickly almost done with the first skein...It is called Eden print by Madil and is 100% bamboo. I am off to crochet some more...look forward to seeing everyone else's ..

love that Bluebell.

----------------

Oooh, I bet that'll be wonderful to wear! I've been lucky enough to pet some bamboo yarn, but I haven't purchased any yet. I'll be curious to know your experience with how it works up.

:clap I finished my shawl tonight, but I can't find the blasted camera.... Maybe in daylight I'll find it. :thinkAdding three shell rows really ate up some yardage! I knew I used a 100g skein (186 yds) in those first 5 rows. I had to start a 5th skein for the last 2 shells!! Then I decided to slip stitch down the side that didn't have sl st already (I'm a symmetry nut - that and it looked odd on one side because of my variegated yarn). Then I added fringe. So all-in-all I'd say I used about 4.5 skeins (100g).

Picture in daylight tomorrow!:yes

OK - we're cleaning here... so I can FIND MY CAMERA!!

Knic Knac - I am so so not a fringe person too! This is a gift and I decided the intended recipient probably would like the fringe and I shouldn't put my biases on her. But, I have to say I LOVE the way the drape is improved with the fringe. They're like counter weights to the point. Without the fringe the sides of the triangle seem to curve in, making the shawl look narrower and pointier than it is. With the fringe the sides hang straight. Also, for me anyway, I can handle this tassel fringe better than lots of individual fringe pieces.

AGH I'm finding that camera if it kills me!

Archived