Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Hello everybody! I just wanted to let you know that I will be taking a break from the CAL. I don't believe I'll be working on any afghans for a while as I'm really wanting to try to branch out and make something different, perhaps some wearables and purses. I'd like to try my hand at felting too.

Joyce (jmccrochet) will be taking over the editing of the thread so please keep her informed of any updates to your projects. And, please.... remember to post back here or PM Joyce if you have decided to not complete an afghan. Our list is getting quite lengthy which is wonderful to see but it always nice to keep it pruned of abandoned projects.

I will still pop in and visit occassionally. Good luck with your afghans! :yay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. I had it suggested that I join the fun over here for my patchwork quilt blanket that I'm making...note I said blanket and not afghan. This sucker will be HUGE, because I want it for my queen sized bed.

I just started it yesterday. I'm all of 7 squares in after I added a couple to it this morning. I will probably add to it more later today. It'll take me a good long while to complete, but I'm game. This is my stash busting project, since I'm on a yarn ban at the moment and have lots of yarn that there isn't enough of to do much with. There's no real uniformity to it or pattern. I'm just using whatever color I reach into the bin and pull out next. The dark green square was the first.

I started with a ch. 16, then single crocheted across for 15 sts and then just went until I thought it looked fairly square. Some are slightly larger than others, but it'll all work out in the end. :)

Here's a pic of the project start.

th_patchworkquiltWIP.jpg

Welcome Heather. We're in the midst of transferring administration of this thread from BarbaraJean to me, so we'll get you listed as soon as possible. Please keep us posted on your progress

Joyce

Hey All

I've copied the original list from BarbaraJean's first post so that I can keep it updated. I apologize that I don't have all the links to the completed ghans but you can still find those from BarbaraJean's original post. I will post links to ghans finished from here on out. If anyone has an opinion, I was thinking of just taking out all the completed ghans from the list I can edit and leaving BarbaraJean's for that reference and just keep track of current, ongoing projects? Opinions?

Thanks

Joyce

If anyone has an opinion, I was thinking of just taking out all the completed ghans from the list I can edit and leaving BarbaraJean's for that reference and just keep track of current, ongoing projects? Opinions?

Thanks

Joyce

Joyce, I think that is an excellent idea if you don't mind the work it will take to do so.

I added 3 whole squares and a partial square to my quilt last night. I'd have done more, but we took time out to do a much needed cleaning on a couple of rooms. I'm paying for that this morning, but at least it's done. If I don't sleep the day away as I really want to do, I might try and add some more to it. I figure a couple blocks or so a day should leave me making fairly good progress on it. I can't wait until I finish it, though I know I have a long way to go.

Joyce, I think that is an excellent idea if you don't mind the work it will take to do so.

OK, I've pared the list in the second post down to only ghans that aren't completed and from here on out, I will mark them when completed and post links to pictures if they're posted.

Thanks BarbaraJean for helping make this a smooth transition.

JOyce

Hey All

I've copied the original list from BarbaraJean's first post so that I can keep it updated. I apologize that I don't have all the links to the completed ghans but you can still find those from BarbaraJean's original post. I will post links to ghans finished from here on out. If anyone has an opinion, I was thinking of just taking out all the completed ghans from the list I can edit and leaving BarbaraJean's for that reference and just keep track of current, ongoing projects? Opinions?

Thanks

Joyce

Sounds like a great idea!

And thank you so much for taking over the thread!

deb

Hi Barbara can I please edit and add to my list please.

Can you re-name:-

Pet blanket #1 to - Pom Pom pet blanket.

Pet blanket #2 to Fields of green pet blanket

Pet blanket #3 to Green granny pet blanket

& also could you add retro babette pet blanket (gonna redo mine and didn't want to frog what I had done so just put sc border on and changed it to a pet blanket).

Peaches and cream pet blanket

Pink pet blanket if not already on there, some photo's to follow.

Cheers Roxanne

Can you please take the Mosaic afghan off from my list?

thanks,

detroitdeb

Sure Deb, not a problem. Thanks for updating

Hi Barbara can I please edit and add to my list please.

Can you re-name:-

Pet blanket #1 to - Pom Pom pet blanket.

Pet blanket #2 to Fields of green pet blanket

Pet blanket #3 to Green granny pet blanket

& also could you add retro babette pet blanket (gonna redo mine and didn't want to frog what I had done so just put sc border on and changed it to a pet blanket).

Peaches and cream pet blanket

Pink pet blanket if not already on there, some photo's to follow.

Cheers Roxanne

Retro Babette Pet Blanket

RoxysPictures029.jpg

I will get your updates done as soon as I can as well. Thanks for updating

Joyce

Hi evryone, just checking in. It's been a busy spring so far. I went back to work fulltime (need a new roof on the house), there's painting to do inside and yard work outside besides all the usual household chores. :whew

I did manage to finally finish my Plum Granny Ripple and the Textured throw. :yay As soon as DH gets back from North Dakota I will get some pics up. He has the digital camera with him. I've been lurking but not posting much. Everyone's ghans are gorgeous.

I was hoping to now use my crocheting time to finish up my Kitty Quilt and the Prairie Star, but, I find I have to get a baby ghan done for one of our instructor's wives. She is having their first, a little girl, in July. I ought to be able to get this done :think, hopefully.

So can you add a Baby RR to the list for me. Maybe that will be some incentive.

Wow! That's amazing, Joyce. I 've never made anything using a graph pattern.

Thanks BarbaraJean. I have never done a graph before either and I think this one will show that a bit, but the guy it's for has seen it and loved it, so that's what matters, right?

Joyce

I'm getting there on the Baby RR, which has morphed into a Baby Doilyghan. I've done a lot of RR's and after I posted decided to try something different. So I found a pattern for a doily that was "dense", (not real lacy), and have started it as a baby ghan with worsted weight yarn. It is coming out really nicely and I like it a lot.

It will have a lot of texture and be something different. I have about 8 more rows to go on it. They are taking a lot longer now to finish each row.

I like your graphghan Joyce. That is something that is on my WIM list. I came up with a design of rows of cats I want to do. I'll get to it someday.:D

I'm getting there on the Baby RR, which has morphed into a Baby Doilyghan. I've done a lot of RR's and after I posted decided to try something different. So I found a pattern for a doily that was "dense", (not real lacy), and have started it as a baby ghan with worsted weight yarn. It is coming out really nicely and I like it a lot.

It will have a lot of texture and be something different. I have about 8 more rows to go on it. They are taking a lot longer now to finish each row.

I like your graphghan Joyce. That is something that is on my WIM list. I came up with a design of rows of cats I want to do. I'll get to it someday.:D

Can't wait to see the doily ghan Leslie. As for the cat graphghan, I'm sure you'll get to it. Thanks!

Joyce

hi all... i finally finished my star ghan (it took me almost 3 months to do, the other stars only took me a few weeks, guess i got lazy on this one :lol)

this thing is kinda huge, i laid it on my king size bed to take the pic..i'm glad i'm done with it, dont think i'll do another star for awhile!!

aprilsstar.jpg

i'm about a little over 1/2 way done with my other one and will post pics of it when i'm done..anyways, here's the star

Archived