Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Does anyone know of any patterns that look nice with the variagated colors? Please let me know!!!

You know what? The zinnia afghan I am working on now is with some variegated yarn. I am using Bon Bon. It is so pretty. I saw a pattern that was a ripple that used the camo colored variagated that I want to make for my husband for hunting season. I have to look in my book and post which one it is in. I would love to see yours.

Do the ripple ones drive you crazy? I keep seeing really pretty ripple patterns but I have yet to try to tackle one.

As far as pictures go, I think I'm supposed to bring my son over to see my mom this weekend, so with any luck I should be able to use her computer and actually get some pictures up of all the projects I'm working on. Here's hoping! I would love to see a pic of your zinnia afghan though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what?

Do the ripple ones drive you crazy? I keep seeing really pretty ripple patterns but I have yet to try to tackle one.

I haven't really done a whole lot of ripple afghans. I did quite a few back in the 70's and 80's, but I do want to do one for my DH in the Camo. I will be sure to post a pic of the Zinnia when I am done for you to see.

I love the way that came out! the colors are great! How big did it end up? I'm sure he will love having it to snuggle under while he is away:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm not sure about the size...I didn't measure it before he left. It's a bit bigger longer than a square. I wanted to make it even bigger, but he leaves on Thursday and he needed to pack it!

I love the basketweave blanket! What is the pattern, littlewriter?

It's just a basketweave stitch. Three front post stitches, three back post stitches. Pretty easy!

Hello? Anybody home ?

It sure has been quiet around here this week. What's everyone been up to?

I've been busy getting my son off to college. (My heart aches a bit.) At last minute we ended up sending my CPU with him so I ordered another. I'm waiting for it to arrive right now according to FedEx tracking. So my online time has been limited.

Ok...no I haven't finished the carribbean sunrise blanket yet...but please sign me up for another one called "Grand Squares" blanket. It's a wedding gift..so this one will actually get done in a timely manner.

biz

I'll get it added to the list. :)

I started a new afghan this weekend (well, a few new afghans, I must be out of my mind:loco )! Anyway, I'm using rh in a blue and brown camo color. I couldn't really find any patterns that looked nice when worked up in that color so I'm just doing a basic sc, ch 1, repeat. It's actually working up really nice though.

Does anyone know of any patterns that look nice with the variagated colors? Please let me know!!!

I'll add your new ghan.

I've been a bit absent from this thread, but I finally finished my afghan for my boyfriend and I gave it to him yesterday! You can see my post about it here.

That turned out beautifully! I do love Simply Soft! I'll update your listing.

I hope to get the blanket's size up to 6' or more. After white, I have sage and tan. Then I will be half way, where I will do decreases with other 6 colors (undecided). I take my sweet time with this blanket as it's for me while I finish up other WIPs. It's kinda of an experiement for me, stitches, how many rows I can do with each skein, etc. (Note: I use up a whole skein per color as an experiment.) I am not planning to do a border, it look great on its own. I might write up a pattern for it. It's one of my favorite projects so far.

BarbaraJean, could you put me down for a Pinwheel afghan and a Bed of Roses afghan? The Pinwheel's for my Grandma, and the Bed of Roses is for me. It's from this stitch pattern I got out of 101 stitches for afghans, and I'm just going to do in in stripes of all the colors I have enough of. I'm going to do another afghan out of that book for my other set of grandparents in the near future. I sort of back-burnered the Ducky fleeceghan.

BarbaraJean, could you put me down for a Pinwheel afghan and a Bed of Roses afghan? The Pinwheel's for my Grandma, and the Bed of Roses is for me. It's from this stitch pattern I got out of 101 stitches for afghans, and I'm just going to do in in stripes of all the colors I have enough of. I'm going to do another afghan out of that book for my other set of grandparents in the near future. I sort of back-burnered the Ducky fleeceghan.

Absolutely! :hug

Okay, so I finished moving and I'm almost done unpacking and I got really bored because I wasn't crocheting. So, I picked up my Cathedral Windows afghan again. I got bored doing the baby blanket with the same stitch over and over, so I'll pick that up later.

Well, I am almost done with another color for my squares and then I'll only have three more to go. :hook

Okay, so I finished moving and I'm almost done unpacking and I got really bored because I wasn't crocheting. So, I picked up my Cathedral Windows afghan again. I got bored doing the baby blanket with the same stitch over and over, so I'll pick that up later.

Well, I am almost done with another color for my squares and then I'll only have three more to go. :hook

Way to go!

I've worked on my leaf afghan but the progress seems to be very slow I suppose because it is all sc. But it's beautiful and easy. I need to have it finished by the end of October for our church craft sale.

I finally finished the baby blanket I was working on! I tried to get some full size pictures, but my camera wouldn't cooperate, so I got some close ups too..... and now that I finally got the pictures on my computer, I must still be doing something wrong, because I resized them and still everytime I try to post them, they take up the ENTIRE page. I don't know, but it's time to go home for today, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I haven't updated here in a while. I actually still haven't finished the Winter Shells afghan yet but I have to by this Saturday. It's going to my husband's grandmother and I'm not even half way done:2eek ...With a presentation to do in one of my classes tomorrow, I'm going to be working like mad this week.:sweat

I finally finished the baby blanket I was working on! I tried to get some full size pictures, but my camera wouldn't cooperate, so I got some close ups too..... and now that I finally got the pictures on my computer, I must still be doing something wrong, because I resized them and still everytime I try to post them, they take up the ENTIRE page. I don't know, but it's time to go home for today, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Congratulations on a finished project!

I haven't updated here in a while. I actually still haven't finished the Winter Shells afghan yet but I have to by this Saturday. It's going to my husband's grandmother and I'm not even half way done:2eek ...With a presentation to do in one of my classes tomorrow, I'm going to be working like mad this week.:sweat

Oh boy! That's going to be a challenge. Good luck with it.

I've got between 28-33 motifs out of 61 for the Pinwheel. I haven't actually started the Bed of Roses yet, but I'm going to get to it. It's a repeating stitch pattern with 12 chains per repeat in the starting chain. How many repeats would be good? I did 2 repeats for a swatch and it was about 7 inches wide.

I've got between 28-33 motifs out of 61 for the Pinwheel. I haven't actually started the Bed of Roses yet, but I'm going to get to it. It's a repeating stitch pattern with 12 chains per repeat in the starting chain. How many repeats would be good? I did 2 repeats for a swatch and it was about 7 inches wide.

Wow, you're making great progress!

Can I still join this CAL? I just got a wedding invitation and decided to make an afghan as a wedding gift. I needed it to be a quick one and one that I could take back and forth to work with me. I found this pattern

http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/ezsqa.html

I had already decided I'd make a solid colored afghan so I bought enough to just do a plain ripple or something back and forth. Then I decided I'd better make squares so I can take it back and forth to work so I can do it on my breaks. Therefore it will be a solid square afghan. I still think it will be pretty. The pattern calls for 30 squares and I have 18 done so far. That will make it about 45" x 54". Should I make more squares to make it bigger?

The color is called dusty teal.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/?action=view&current=amyherricksafghan.jpg

I think I'd like to make this afghan again when I have more time with my scrap yarn from my stash.

Can I still join this CAL? I just got a wedding invitation and decided to make an afghan as a wedding gift. I needed it to be a quick one and one that I could take back and forth to work with me. I found this pattern

http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/ezsqa.html

I had already decided I'd make a solid colored afghan so I bought enough to just do a plain ripple or something back and forth. Then I decided I'd better make squares so I can take it back and forth to work so I can do it on my breaks. Therefore it will be a solid square afghan. I still think it will be pretty. The pattern calls for 30 squares and I have 18 done so far. That will make it about 45" x 54". Should I make more squares to make it bigger?

The color is called dusty teal.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/?action=view&current=amyherricksafghan.jpg

I think I'd like to make this afghan again when I have more time with my scrap yarn from my stash.

Welcome! I'll add your name and project to the first post. There is a CAL button in the first post if you would like to use it.

Personally, I don't think you'll need to make it any bigger. It sounds just right.

How long do you have to finish it?

The wedding is September 29. I wish I would have known it was going to go this quickly I might have made something a little more colorful or more challenging. Oh well! I think they will love it just the same. :D I guess I was thinking too that if I only use one color less ends to have to weave in! lol

Okay, I'm gonna try this again. With any luck, this should be a pic of my baby blanket....

tmpphpOPlmx5.jpg

Yay! It worked! Okay, I don't know if that pic is too big, but I tried, I swear I did!! I also took some close ups cause you can't really see the stitches in the full picture.....

tmpphpbp1V3e.jpg

tmpphpmu274z.jpg

I'm sorry, I really don't know why they still look so big. I resized them with that online image resizer. Anyway, on to some more projects!!!

You know what? The zinnia afghan I am working on now is with some variegated yarn. I am using Bon Bon. It is so pretty. I saw a pattern that was a ripple that used the camo colored variagated that I want to make for my husband for hunting season. I have to look in my book and post which one it is in. I would love to see yours.

Some pics of the other two afghans I'm working on now.....

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/tcarebear/pictures82807039.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/tcarebear/pictures82807052.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/tcarebear/pictures82807065.jpg

I'm so excited! I love starting new projects! Seriously, I should just buy stock in all the yarn companies it's that bad! LOL!

Okay, I'm gonna try this again. With any luck, this should be a pic of my baby blanket....

tmpphpOPlmx5.jpg

Yay! It worked! Okay, I don't know if that pic is too big, but I tried, I swear I did!! I also took some close ups cause you can't really see the stitches in the full picture.....

tmpphpbp1V3e.jpg

tmpphpmu274z.jpg

I'm sorry, I really don't know why they still look so big. I resized them with that online image resizer. Anyway, on to some more projects!!!

Jessica, that is just beautiful! No wonder you're so excited! I'll update the first post.

Some pics of the other two afghans I'm working on now.....

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/tcarebear/pictures82807039.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/tcarebear/pictures82807052.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/tcarebear/pictures82807065.jpg

I'm so excited! I love starting new projects! Seriously, I should just buy stock in all the yarn companies it's that bad! LOL!

I only have one other afghan listed for you on the first post. Can you check it please and let me know what I need to add.

Archived