Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I really need to get a photo of the Patriot's Picnic afghan (and I'm really sorry I haven't done it yet!!!). And, I now have two entire squares punched! I think I will punch-as-I-go, Candy. Thanks for the tip! And your sage-green afghan is beautiful, by the way (and now I want to make one of those, too! we must have similar tastes LOL).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pictures!

Here it is folded up:

Patriot's Picnic Afghan FINISHED!!

and here it is all spread out:

another one spread out, but oriented vertically this time:

What am I supposed to do with it until it's cold enough to use? at the moment it's residing under my pillow, but I don't think that's very good for it.

Hi Barbara, here is the Sea Ripple, finally. :)

SeaRipplefullsize.jpg

And a close up. I used a simple pattern out of the 200 ripple book. And some Moda Dea flip Yarn for the fuzzies. The varigated is a Caron Rainbow.

SeaRippledetail.jpg

woohoo.gif Way to go! It's beautiful! I'll update the first post.

Progress on Dad's afghan and sweet dreams baby afghan

dasafghangettinthere.jpg

babyblanket1.jpg

closeupbabyblanket.jpg

Rox

yay_jump.gif Making great progress, Rox!

All your afghans look great!

As for the baby blanket I'm working on...well, I kind of hit a slump. It feels like it's taking forever. I usually make baby blankets with worsted weight yarn but this time I'm using sport weight and it seems to be working up very slowly. The girl I am making it for had her baby shower already with no blanket from me. At least the baby isn't due till the 4th of August. I need some major encouragement to get this thing done.

I'll try to get some pics up sometime but I'm in the process of moving so I don't know when I'll get to it.

This kind of encouragement? spanka.gif Or this kind of encouragement? :hug:D Seriously, I know what you mean. Sometimes I just tell myself I'm not "allowed" to work on anything else until the dreaded project is finished. :yes Good luck!

Pictures!

Here it is folded up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8148772@N04/1001665249/

What am I supposed to do with it until it's cold enough to use? at the moment it's residing under my pillow, but I don't think that's very good for it.

It's beautiful! I'm so glad you posted pictures! I'll link the first post here so that others can see your pics.

Pictures!

Here it is folded up:

WOW!!!! that turned out GREAT!!!! I love love LOVE it!!! :manyheart

I finished my Friendship Rings Afghan yesterday. It is going to be donated to Hospice this week. I started another afghan too that I am going to call Zinnias Granny.

100_1807.jpg?t=1186323144

This is bright and cheerful made with teal, fushia, hot pink, and mint. I rubber stamped a tag with a bunny and bear hugging with the name of the afghan, where I live, and I put given with a hug on the tag. Everyone who saw this afghan wanted the pattern. I am the type of crocheter who is "have hook will travel" and take my projects everywhere. Thanks.

Wow, the blanket look so beautiful Carol! I also want the pattern. :P

Good job!

Diane: It is from Easy Weekend Afghans...It is a hard cover book. Hope you have it!!! It works up very quickly and easily.

I finished my Friendship Rings Afghan yesterday. It is going to be donated to Hospice this week. I started another afghan too that I am going to call Zinnias Granny.

100_1807.jpg?t=1186323144

This is bright and cheerful made with teal, fushia, hot pink, and mint. I rubber stamped a tag with a bunny and bear hugging with the name of the afghan, where I live, and I put given with a hug on the tag. Everyone who saw this afghan wanted the pattern. I am the type of crocheter who is "have hook will travel" and take my projects everywhere. Thanks.

Carol, that is absolutely fabulous. It looks difficult too. Is going to be given to a hospice patient or sold? I'll update the first post and add your new afghan.

Thank you Barbara for updating my afghans. It is going to be given to a patient. I am going to give it to our local hospice office and let the visiting nurse there pick who she would like to give it to.

Thank you Barbara for updating my afghans. It is going to be given to a patient. I am going to give it to our local hospice office and let the visiting nurse there pick who she would like to give it to.

That's such a wonderful thing to do!

I'm going to be working up some vegetables that have been given to me from some friends' gardens but hope to get time to work on my projects today.

I am so in!!!! I have about a million wips, I don't even know which one to start with. I think it'll be a baby blanket I'm working on. It's so pretty, I can't wait to see it all done. ;) I'm using a pattern from absolutely georgeous baby afghans book number 4 in a dusty rose simply soft yarn. That has to be one of my favorite yarns for baby stuff. Anyway, as soon as I figure out how to post pics while I'm at work, I will! By the way, how do you guys get all that fun stuff in your signatures? I don't really have time at work to go through everything and figure it out.

Happy Hooking!!

-Jessica

Hi Jessica! Welcome to C'ville! To create a sig go to User CP and in the left menu choose edit Signature.

I'll add your name and project to the first post. Please pop in occassionally to report your progress. When you've completed it I'll update the first post to say COMPLETED! by your project and add a link to pics if you provide them.

There is a CAL button in the first post if you'd like to use it in your blog.

th_DSC02197.jpg

Well i finished this one, a while ago.... but I've been so busy with everything else for the shower, but its over now, and everything was great.

Now i just have to make some things for when the baby is born!

I really like how that turned out, Jessica. Everybody needs to click on the pic to see the large version to really appreciate how beautiful that is!

What a pretty baby afghan, Jessica. The shell stitch is very pretty and makes the afghan look soft and delicate. Good job. Thanks for sharing.:jumpyay

Hi! Just wanted to say that I'm so proud of everybody! I was just looking at the first post, and since the beginning of this cal, there are 45 completes! (I think I counted right, now I have to go back and re count). Still, so proud of all of you!!:cheer

Hi! Just wanted to say that I'm so proud of everybody! I was just looking at the first post, and since the beginning of this cal, there are 45 completes! (I think I counted right, now I have to go back and re count). Still, so proud of all of you!!:cheer

It's amazing, isn't it, how much has been accomplished!

I have completed the Shocking Pink Ripple Afghan for my daughter. :dance She picked out these colors.......and they do funny things to your eyes when you look at the blanket:blink

amandasripple.jpg

amandasripplecloseup.jpg

I have completed the Shocking Pink Ripple Afghan for my daughter. :dance She picked out these colors.......and they do funny things to your eyes when you look at the blanket:blink

amandasripple.jpg

amandasripplecloseup.jpg

You daughter did a great job putting the colors together! And you did a great job on the ripple! I'll update the first post.

Archived