Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

well I'm almost to the half way point putting the squares together, I worked on it for 7 hours yesterday... I figure another 25-30 hours worth of time and it should be done...

Love the sage box stitch Candy, those colored strips really adds a lot to it! Great job!:clap :clap :clap

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessica I love your baby afghan....The design the squares make are intriguing. Good luck finishing it on time. I'm cheering you on girl.:cheer

Candy, I love your sage green afghan. I make a lot of afghans with sage green as one of the main color.

I was checking though my stash yesterday and boy do I have a lot of green!!! lol I've tried to break out of the green and mauve mode. The daisy chain afghan I made was the first blue afghan in a very long time. I have five panels of my Friendship Rings afghan done. It is pretty....and yes it does have some mint in it. lol But I will not be able to work on it today. I have to finish house cleaning...yuk. I wouldn't care about the cleaning but on Thursday I am hosting my book club at my house. I have to get the cleaning done because I am going to be working on doing fondue. I want to surprise the ladies...in three years no one has done fondue. It will be fun for our discussion because our book was "Nine Months in August". You guessed it, it's about three friends pregnancy. So the fondue is kind of an intimate thing that we can do because you know we will discuss are own pregnancies....it's a woman's thing!

Well, I am of to dust my bedroom. Must get moving as the family wants to go see the new Harry Potter Movie tonight. No crocheting today, except maybe in the car on the way to the movies.

Hi, havn't posted in a while have been busy with new job and trying to get other things sorted out.

Progress on my Dad's afghan - have 12 small squares left to block and 6 large squares left to make, made an error when calculating the size so had to make more squares both big and small. Hopefully should be about the right size once I put a few border rows on.

It's not gonna be ready by next week, so he will have to have it for xmas instead.

Also started to make a baby blanket "Sweet Dreams" have 10 rows complete, will post some pics on friday after work.

Rox

I'm so depressed with my baby afghan.... I got to the half way point... and held it up... and then realized that the last row is all wrong.... :angry :angry :angry the squares needed to be turned to make the corners and I didn't do it... ugh... I think this one is going on the back burner for a bit, I'll have it done before my niece is born,:yes but thats not until the middle of october... now I picked an easy cute pattern to make a small blanket, which I had planned on doing anyways, so she has one for the stroller or the car seat that won't drag on the ground.

I'm using this pattern http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa062098.htm

and I'm about 5 inches into it... it should be pretty quick, then once I'm not so sick of all the little squares I'll go back to the other one...:(

I'm starting to think it's going to take longer to punch these things then crochet them! I have finished punching ONE single square out of twenty LOL. And fleece is on sale at Joann's...I am going to be punching sqares for a LONG time.

I did one square at a time, punched the holes and then crocheted. It seems to break it up a little, otherwise you feel like you are punching holes forever. ;)

I'm so depressed with my baby afghan.... I got to the half way point... and held it up... and then realized that the last row is all wrong.... :angry :angry :angry the squares needed to be turned to make the corners and I didn't do it... ugh... I think this one is going on the back burner for a bit, I'll have it done before my niece is born,:yes but thats not until the middle of october... now I picked an easy cute pattern to make a small blanket, which I had planned on doing anyways, so she has one for the stroller or the car seat that won't drag on the ground.

I'm using this pattern http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa062098.htm

and I'm about 5 inches into it... it should be pretty quick, then once I'm not so sick of all the little squares I'll go back to the other one...:(

Ah, so sorry. I know it's frustrating! I've been fighting with my green and white leaf afghan too. Frogged it so many time I've lost count.

I made the other baby ghan you're doing. It works up really quickly. I think you'll like it. I'll add it to the list.

BarbaraJean-did you add my Ducky Fleeceghan to the first post? I didn't see it.

I'll do that now. :)

Yes please Barb

Got it!

I'm actually making pretty good progress on my green and white leaf afghan right now. I think I've finally figured out the problems I was having with it.

Just want everybody to know that I'll be out of town until August 4th. I don't know if we'll have Internet access so I'm sure I'll fall behind on this thread but will do my best to do all updates when I return home.

Have fun, we'll miss ya!

I am getting a mini vacation this week, :drivedriving up to Tucson in the morning to take my daughter school shopping and checking out as many craft stores as possible. YAY!!!! Just me and the chica shopping and laying by the hotel pool for a couple of days :sun

ripple1.jpg

ripple2.jpg

ripple3.jpg

I just got back from Sweden yesterday. My sister and her husband loved the bedspread. It was the most spoken about gift during the whole wedding :)

Hi Barbara, here is the Sea Ripple, finally. :)

SeaRipplefullsize.jpg

And a close up. I used a simple pattern out of the 200 ripple book. And some Moda Dea flip Yarn for the fuzzies. The varigated is a Caron Rainbow.

SeaRippledetail.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!! love the colors!

Hi Barbara, here is the Sea Ripple, finally. :)

SeaRipplefullsize.jpg

And a close up. I used a simple pattern out of the 200 ripple book. And some Moda Dea flip Yarn for the fuzzies. The varigated is a Caron Rainbow.

SeaRippledetail.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! Good work so far :yay

Progress on Dad's afghan and sweet dreams baby afghan

dasafghangettinthere.jpg

babyblanket1.jpg

closeupbabyblanket.jpg

Rox

All your afghans look great! :hook

As for the baby blanket I'm working on...well, I kind of hit a slump. It feels like it's taking forever. I usually make baby blankets with worsted weight yarn but this time I'm using sport weight and it seems to be working up very slowly. The girl I am making it for had her baby shower already with no blanket from me. At least the baby isn't due till the 4th of August. I need some major encouragement to get this thing done. :hook

I'll try to get some pics up sometime but I'm in the process of moving so I don't know when I'll get to it.

Archived