Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

P4160207.jpgP4160206.jpg

It looks better in person. I just can't seem to get a decent picture. Can you believe I ran out of yarn with just that last little bit of the last 2 rows to go. I know I can pick up more burgandy but I don't know if I'll be able to find RH med purple.

Jessica - the hex ripple if GORGEOUS

BJ - I love the green ripple, too

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
60 Rows completed on Danny' ripple, 24 rows completed on Jayden's ripple, and 8 rows completed on Reagan's ripple. :whew

I am using Susan B's Easy Ripple Afghan Pattern for all three of my ripples. I guess you could identify them by Danny's Ripple, Reagan's Ripple, and Jayden's Ripple.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard!

I would have known that if I had read your previous post a little more closely, huh? :yes:D

P4160207.jpgP4160206.jpg

It looks better in person. I just can't seem to get a decent picture. Can you believe I ran out of yarn with just that last little bit of the last 2 rows to go. I know I can pick up more burgandy but I don't know if I'll be able to find RH med purple.

Jessica - the hex ripple if GORGEOUS

BJ - I love the green ripple, too

Wow, so pretty!

The green ripple was one of the first things I made after learning to crochet. And one of the few things I've kept myself.

:hug No need to apologize. This is a ripple:

ripplesmall.jpg

Oh, okay! I've never tried doing anything like that, but I saw the stitch in my crochet book.

My afghan is coming along nicely. I'm on my third color already. I'm hoping to get to the green tonight, so I can figure out if it'll work...cross your fingers!

The worst part about this is not telling my boyfriend! Now instead of being on my computer and talking to him all the time, I'm crocheting. Except I can't tell him that. I hope he doesn't think I don't want to talk to him...

Oh, I was using my brother to find out if what I was making was too "girly" and found out that the word afghan itself is girly. My mom said she's glad she found out...she's making him an afghan before he goes to college (she made me the prettiest one ever) and she'll just tell him it's a blanket. :P

Oh, okay! I've never tried doing anything like that, but I saw the stitch in my crochet book.

My afghan is coming along nicely. I'm on my third color already. I'm hoping to get to the green tonight, so I can figure out if it'll work...cross your fingers!

The worst part about this is not telling my boyfriend! Now instead of being on my computer and talking to him all the time, I'm crocheting. Except I can't tell him that. I hope he doesn't think I don't want to talk to him...

Oh, I was using my brother to find out if what I was making was too "girly" and found out that the word afghan itself is girly. My mom said she's glad she found out...she's making him an afghan before he goes to college (she made me the prettiest one ever) and she'll just tell him it's a blanket. :P

I think it depends on the man. My husband wouldn't consider the gift of an afghan to be girly. I don't think my sons would either. In fact, I've considered making one for my son in orange and white to take to college.

22 rows of 120 completed on Reagan's ripple. :)

Way to go! :yay

Finished 38/105 rows on my red, white & blue.... it's going by quickly enough that I am ahead AND have time for to work on some of my other WIPs, too. I will probably make it wider than 105, as I extended the length at the beginning.

My oh my, I stay off the computer for a weekend and look at all the progress everyone has made - WOW !!

Ok I haven't posted in awhile but here is my progress on my "mother's day" ripple:

That is coming along so wonderfully! I cannot wait to see how the ripple gets added to it - I just love those colors (and I have a fondness of hexagons) :manyheart

This coming week will be quite busy as well because we are preparing for my son's graduation party on Saturday. So much to do!

That is so exciting!! What fun!:party

It sold for $45, so $15 less than the $60 value I would've put on it. I'm happy I guess. I think I should've known that a purple afghan may not have brought much interest.

Well I am glad it sold for more than you put into it but I can understand your dissappointment for not getting $60 - it is well worth that!! None of the bidders must have been crocheters or they would have appreciated the beautiful work you did. I loved the purple ! Good luck on completing the others - you can do it! :hook

As for me....I haven't worked on my afghan in days!! :embar

I've been working on the disclothes for a swap. I only have to make 4 of them and thought I found a cute pattern but the pattern was more complicated than I anticipated. I usually can whip a dishcloth out in under an hour but not this one - lots of reading, crocheting, going and going back and forth between the reading of the pattern and the actual crochet. I can usually memorize it after a round or two but not this one - every round (all 15 of them) is different!!)

Well, I know it's not Photo Friday, but I figured we all like pictures, so....

th_redwhiteblue.jpg

There are two stripes here- the finished afghan as written gets 6, but I hope to make 7. Right now it's about 70" long.. :D

Krystal, that's great! It's not worked as one piece? It's worked in strips?

Groan. I went to my church's knitting group (they make squares for afghans and donate them to hospitals and such) and instead of making progress on my afghan, I ended up having to pull out two rows because I'd messed up somewhere. The green yarn doesn't seem to be working, either. It's thicker, and just doesn't look right. :( My mom suggested I do green edging, so I might. Right now, I just want to make PROGRESS on this thing. Blah.

Krystal

That afghan's pretty too. You do such great work.

I have 1.5 more squares to do on my daff ghan and then on to assembly. Got another tote done this weekend too, after making myself complete a square.

Joyce

That is fantastic! I would not feel bad for $45.00. My grandmother made an afghan for a silent auction and it only went to $5.00, so no, don't feel bad. You are doing it for a great cause!

Ok I haven't posted in awhile but here is my progress on my "mother's day" ripple:

mothersdaywip02.jpg

mothersdaywip01.jpg

Very Beautiful, Like the colors.

P4160207.jpgP4160206.jpg

That looks beautiful RR

Can't wait to see pictures, keeping busy is letting your boyfriend know you are not desperate, good for you.

Well, I know it's not Photo Friday, but I figured we all like pictures, so....

th_redwhiteblue.jpg

There are two stripes here- the finished afghan as written gets 6, but I hope to make 7. Right now it's about 70" long.. :D

Krystal that is very nice. I like the way you did that.

Wow! You have so much to catch up on when you sleep too much. Had a sinus infection this weekend. Slept all day, was a little better on Sunday then Monday I ate something with peppers(I get really sick on peppers for some reason) and feel kind of crappy today too. Was supposed to go down to my girlfriends for the American Idol finale and help vote for Blake but instead I'll be going down tomorrow to watch the result show. :sick:headache:out

That is fantastic! I would not feel bad for $45.00. My grandmother made an afghan for a silent auction and it only went to $5.00, so no, don't feel bad. You are doing it for a great cause!

Thanks Furball. $5, oh my. You are right, great cause. And to that end, here is the much anticipated daffodil afghan, not joined but laid out

IM001232-1.jpg

Joyce

Jess: I love the hex ripple, that is such a cool idea and its coming out great, i really love the colors.

Krystal that afghan looks awesome

Joyce: those daffodil squares are just sooo cute! can't wait to see it all put together!

I finally finished my baby pastel ripple, putting it in the mail today, that gives it a week before the baby shower, hope it gets there in time! I made a cute hate and booties to match, I'll post a picture this afternoon, right now I have to run to the post office and mail it!

Thanks Furball. $5, oh my. You are right, great cause. And to that end, here is the much anticipated daffodil afghan, not joined but laid out

IM001232-1.jpg

Joyce

:cheer Yeah! That looks very nice! Wow you get an A+. Those daffodils look hard to do.

IM001232-1.jpg

Joyce

Joyce, you must be delighted with how that is turning out!

I finally finished my baby pastel ripple, putting it in the mail today, that gives it a week before the baby shower, hope it gets there in time! I made a cute hate and booties to match, I'll post a picture this afternoon, right now I have to run to the post office and mail it!

Can't wait to see it! I'll try to check back tonight for you pic and to update the list with a link.

Joyce, you must be delighted with how that is turning out!

I am Barbara. I keep just staring at it. I have three squares joined using the Dudessembly method and it's going quicker than I thought and I have not gotten stuck YET! Let's see, an average of three squares joined per day is what 24 squares in eight days and I have 25 squares, so, should be done in time :D

Joyce

And to that end, here is the much anticipated daffodil afghan, not joined but laid out

IM001232-1.jpg

Whoa!!! That is really pretty - just as I expected it would be - wow! It is so cheery ! Great work !:yay

Originally Posted by stargazingirly viewpost.gif

Yeah!! That is great - can't wait to see the pic - glad you got it finished :cheer

I did it, I did it!

I have finished my very first ever afghan. It's simple, but that's okay since I've really only been into crochet for about 5 months now. I am so proud of myself. This took me 26 days. :clap

47b7db00b3127cce841d9dc7abc700000026108BcuW7Fyzao

47b7db00b3127cce841dab2d2a0600000026108BcuW7Fyzao

I almost cried when I finished this.

Archived