Has anyone made this felted bag...

JoBug

I am curious about this bag, well more than curious, lol, I would LOVE to make it, of course being as CHEEP as I am, I am looking for assurance it works out well, please give me ANY insight you may have with this pattern, here is the link, I LOVE the idea of OUTSIDE pockets, that is a MUST for a bag I USE....

http://www.crochetme.com/Apr_May_2005/patt_pike_place_market_bag.html

thanks for sharing this one~

I am currently working on a bag that I will be felting and totally understand about wanting to know how it works and turns out!

That wool yarn is pretty costly!

I will watch and see if you get a response~

Maybe this will be my next bag to try~

mgf~:yay

Jo Ann,

I made this bag last fall in Patons Wool--- it turned out just great! I don't remember having to do any pattern corrections and it used the amount called for .... I made my in red and hot pink, which sounds odd but really did work! I gave it my good friend for Christmas and she loved it. The hardest part for me was hand-sewing on the handles. I hate hand sewing!!!

Jo Ann,

I made this bag last fall in Patons Wool--- it turned out just great! I don't remember having to do any pattern corrections and it used the amount called for .... I made my in red and hot pink, which sounds odd but really did work! I gave it my good friend for Christmas and she loved it. The hardest part for me was hand-sewing on the handles. I hate hand sewing!!!

TY TY TY!! I best get busy with my Micheals 40% off coupons hu? Lets see, they are good until the end of sat, I work thurs, frid and sat, so can pick one skein up each day...yeppers, I might go for it...:manyheart

I bought some Patons SWS, and have been considering this pattern........I started the Well Traveled Bag with it, but I'd already done 2 in that pattern, and wanted to do another so I frogged it. Let me tell you, that stuff is a BEAR to frog!!!! :frog :teddy

Have you ever felted with SWS before? I LOVE the colors but be aware that it felts very quickly and very dense. I haven't used it with other felted yarns but anticipate it may cause part of the bag to shrink more than others ....

Shawnee

I'd be afraid to using a different yarn with the SWS... it really felts much faster and shrinks more. It does make a lovely, thick fabric though. lately, my favorite wool for felting is the Paton's Classic. With a 40% off coupon, it comes to $2.99... not bad, and it's a big skein.

Joan

Archived