Time to get the DC Heart Square CAL started!

RoseRed

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing the dc heart square with me as a CAL?

P1080073.jpg

DC Heart Row Count Pattern

DC Color Change TUT

I made this for the Fisher House Charity Project we're trying to get started thanx to knit1crochet2 :manyheart

I've had quite a few people ask me for the pattern. I need to type it up - I have it written as a row count.

I'm almost finished with my 7 foot flannelghan and I want to make a heart ghan for me. (I'm always making things for everyone else LOL) I'll be making mine with 2 strands and an N hook in :c9 Caron SS and New Mainstays. :c9

The one pictured above is made with RH Camo & Amethyst (a purple heart) and an I hook.

What I was thinking of doing was adding some to the sides and the top and bottom rows to make it a rectangle. Then it would be perfect as a lapghan also! It's almost 2 feet across with an I hook so it's a good size.

Let me know what you guys think!

AWESOME!!! it'll be great to have you gothicl!

I really hope that anyone who's not sure if they can do it but would like to try will! I'm pretty good with helpful pics - or so I've been told! It'll be great to get this started.

I have 1 more 9 block strip to go. I spent the evening weaving in ends UGH! That's worse than sewing the strips together. But it's always worth it in the end.

I'm finishing up my 7 foot flannelghan right now. I have 1 more strip to go. I just finished all the weaving in the ends (except for the last one). Just sewing the strips together and doing the border. I was thinking about a row of sc and a bi-color twisted rope. We'll see how it comes out.

There's one more alteration I would like to try to the heart square. I think hearts should fit into a rectangle instead of a square. They only take me a couple hours to whip up so hopefully I'll have it done in the next few days.

I'd like to post all 3 hearts and possibly even the row counts for them this way you guys can pick and choose which one you want to do.

I'll have the pattern posted hopefully in the next few days. Right now I was just wondering how much interest this would actually gather to see if it was worth trying as a CAL. i think we have plenty to get started.:clap

barby- all you need is a hook and 2 colors of yarn.

The pattern I wrote up is in row counts and it's symmetrical so it looks something like (c for camo, p for purple ) C 35, P 12, C 35

All it means is you do 35dc in camo, 12dc in purple and then 35 dc in camo again.

This one is all in dc and the changing colors is so much easier than I ever thought it could be!!!!!!!

Because it's only 2 colors with a big thing in the middle there are no loose ends or peices to carry on the back and both sides look great!

Right now I'm making a swatch of a heart with an even longer point. I want to see if I like it or if I'm going to stay with the 2nd one I made.

I'm anxious to get started!

I'm sick. Infected from my lungs up. I went to the doc and started my antibiotics today. You know you're sick when crocheting feels like too much work. I just spent most of the day in bed. I'm hoping to feel better toomarow.

I started a thread about the Fisher House Charity work specifically for the Ft. Sam Houston Houses for the war wounded. Please check it out. It's something I strongly believe in.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=659029&posted=1#post659029

This is the reason that I created this pattern.

~RR~

I would like to try this for a baby blanket, but I've never done row counts and color changes. It "seems" easier in some ways than a graph. I did the Baby's ABCs from a graph, and there was a lot of frogging going on! I think I will test out a little 20 stitch swatch to see if the color changes give me trouble. The tutorial looks very clear.

Archived