CrochetMe access denied????!

CrochetRT

I if I recall when Kim made her announcement about Interweave Crochet she said there would be some changes and updates to CrochetMe so maybe that's what's up?

I tried to get to it and all I get is a blank page. Can't get to her blog either to see if she had a notice up.

I haven't been able to get in since at least last night. I want to make one of their free patterns and I didn't save it; just bookmarked it.

Ugh.

Hi everyone,

Crochetme.com was up and down for just over a day due to a server problem. My web host has fixed it, and it shouldn't happen again.

Behind the scenes we're just beginning the major redevelopment, but there shouldn't be any downtime as a result. Just a big, exciting relaunch in June. :)

Cheers,

Kim

Hey Rachel,

Yes, it will take a long time. Thankfully, I've got some really excellent help and I couldn't be more excited. I really, really hope people will enjoy the site even more because of the changes. How's that for a teaser? For the time being, I've got nothing more to share. ;)

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
is there still something wrong with crochet me website. i can get to the home page but not the forum.

The Crochet Me forum has been closed for awhile now due to spammer issues.

We had some massive security problems with the forum. Unfortunately, it will be down until the site re-launch in June. I'm hoping (hoping hoping!) that we'll be able to import all of the posts into the new system, and have it up and running with no problems and lots of wicked crochet fun. Until then, I appreciate your patience!

Cheers,

Kim

Spammer attacks are absolutely no fun. Back when we were hit by an organized group of spammers earlier this year, I did quite a lot of research into the spammer issue. I was very surprised to learn that there are two different types of readily-available free programs that help spammers:

1) Programs in which the spammer enters in a set of registration data once, then the program goes out and automatically searches for all forums it can find (on a number of different platforms) and submits registrations on them all. I didn't investigate closely enough to know if the spammer has to manually verify with those sites that require verification (like the 'Ville) or if the software will do it.

2) Programs in which the spammer enters a list of all his forum memberships, then enters one spam post, and the program will automatically post it on every forum on which the spammer is registered.

Lovely, huh? Thank goodness it appears at this time that the vBulletin platform is not as vulnerable to this as some other forum platforms are.

Yowza. I hate spam! Certainly one of the issues of the Cme forum is that I didn't import it into the content management system that runs the site (I kept bumping it to the bottom of my to-do list - see where that got me :) ). Come June, we will have done just that. I have goosebumps in anticipation of the new features (and security)!

Archived