Valentine's Tote

rsisland

I wanted to make my Grandaughter (8) a little bag for Valentine's Day. Well, it came out more as a tote bag because of the size of the heart graph. We all still love it anyways, plus it would be more practical in this size. Then I ask our Daughter if she would like a tote bag or purse. She says oh yea, she would love it. Just make sure it is blue though or she won't use it. :eek Back to the drawing board I guess :think .

Any how......I used sc for the whole bag with redheart white and red yarn and fun fur for the edge work (done in hdc). The beads are the smaller pony beads and the lining is felt. The handle is just three rows of sc folded over and sc together. I really like this way of making a handle. The back has hearts from a knit pattern...they look a bit off to me so I only did one row instead of the four planned. Then I added some stripes to the top to balance it off. Kinda reminds me of those tube socks from way back when :lol . The sides are just a long strip of sc that I sc onto the front and back. It's about 12 inches tall and 9 inches wide.

th_IM000436-1.jpg th_IM000434-1.jpg th_IM000435-1.jpg

:clap Great job!!!

I wonder if she'll change her mind about the blue when she sees it:think

:cheer Pretty cute!!

I was thinking of either making it blue with a bright pink heart.....or blue background with her initial on the front instead. Not too sure yet. I think I'll start with her brother's (10) bag that will have a skull on it. Of course his will be very "masculine". I don't plan on asking if he would like it though :lol

Thanks everyone :manyheart

Archived