The BEST lightbulb in the world!

I have read and seen all these super-expensive OTT lights, and I *do* have trouble seeing in the light of my lamps. BUT, I am not going to spend that much money on a lamp - it's not worth THAT much.

I had to get a new bulb for my (also cheap) lamp torchiere ($10 at Wal-Mart), too. I like to buy those new curlique ones that are more efficient, as my kids are good at leaving lights on EVERYWHERE.

Well, I found these bulbs (at Wal-Mart) that said "Daylight Color" and thought it might be different.

WELL, I AM IN LOVE :manyheart .

These lightbulbs (100W, but really only uses 26W of power) give this BEAUTIFUL sunshine-like bright color that actually makes my MOOD feel better. (I get a little sulky in dim light) And it's not bright like it makes your eyes hurt, it just makes everything look crystal clear!

It came in a 2-pack, and they were about $6.00 for the pack. A lot better than the OTT-lights!

If you're looking for good lights, TRY THESE OUT!

I don't know the manufacturer, BTW, as I threw the package out. :(

Thanks for letting us know!! This sounds like something I am looking for for my kids' rooms--theirs are way too dark; the bulbs are worthless.

Although probably not on a par with the bulbs you've found, I've been using the GE Reveal lightbulbs. They are supposed to be more true to daylight spectrum. They are great to use if you are taking pictures of your work indoors... they don't turn the color yellow like regular light bulbs do.

Joan

:cheer We use Low Use/Longlife Bulbs through out our house and so far have found them really good with one exception, they drain the colour out of reds so it is hard to match colours at night.

All other colours seem to be fine.

The first one we used, we thought was faulty because it seemed to be very dim. We did not realise it took a few minutes to warm up.

I am sure they have made a huge difference to our power consumption.

We also had our house re-insulated, in the ceiling and under the floor and that has also made a huge difference to our Gas Heating bill.

Still very hot in summer though because we do not have Air-con, just open doors.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

same with us colleen, we switched along time ago to the low watt useage bulbs but i agree about the color thing. am going to look into that one at walmart thanks for the info krystal, we too don't have air con, and use the open door window plan, what we do though is we have one fan bringing in the cool air like in the front or at a window and then the one in the back we have blowing the hot air out. it works really good too.:blush:blush

:cheer We use Low Use/Longlife Bulbs through out our house and so far have found them really good with one exception, they drain the colour out of reds so it is hard to match colours at night.

All other colours seem to be fine.

The first one we used, we thought was faulty because it seemed to be very dim. We did not realise it took a few minutes to warm up.

I am sure they have made a huge difference to our power consumption.

We also had our house re-insulated, in the ceiling and under the floor and that has also made a huge difference to our Gas Heating bill.

Still very hot in summer though because we do not have Air-con, just open doors.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

We've been slowly jumping on that bandwagon as well. We just can't afford to buy all those lightbulbs for the house all at once, so we've been buying one or two every month.

Some of them aren't as bright as I'd like, but they sure make a difference in terms of saving money. And the more money you save, the more YARN you can buy! :lol

Archived