Hidden Crochet

Grifter

Just wondering how many of you regularly flip through knitting magazines in the hope of finding some crochet.

Yesterday at the LYS I happened to flip through Rowan's Arabasque magazine and found a really pretty crochet scarf pattern, and on the opposite page a crochet sweater. In the winter issue of Vogue Knitting I came across a really cute crochet dress designed by Michael Kors. The spring issue of Vogue did not have any crochet patterns in it, but did feature the use of crochet trim on knitted clothes.

Yes, I do look for crochet patterns in knitting magazines. Some have just a few, and I would hate to miss a few patterns by being "Crochet minded" all the time.

:manyheart

Never thought to really look through knitting magazines. Sometimes there are so many in both the craft stores and libraries that I get a little annoyed (for lack of a better word) that they overtake the crochet magazines so I sort of ignore them. Have to check them out now. Thanks for the tip.

LI Roe

I look through VK all the time. I'm a beginning knitter and I like seeing up-to-date knitting patterns. I saw the crochet dress in Vogue Knitting, winter 2007 issue, and bought the magazine just for this pattern. I also like the pattern on the next page, the knitted bodice with the crocheted skirt, but the finishing on that one seems sloppy!

Since I do knit and crochet, I see the two crafts as being interchangeable. (I am trying to figure out a way to make the cover shrug out of pentagonal granny squares.) :think So I love it when a knitting mag slips in a little crochet. They are both so versatile!

Me too. Sometimes; they have really cute crochet patterns in knitting magazines. I love to knit too. So , it is double treat to find something I like to crochet too.

In Australia, crochet magazines are few and far between,but there are quite a few imported Knitting magazines. I buy those to read up on the latest accessories and yarns, but also, some of them have crochet patterns as well.

There's a UK one called Knit Today, and it actually advertises that it does both knitting and crochet, though the focus is on knitting.

I knit as well, but I'm not very good, and can't follow patterns (i don't know what all the special stitches are, or how to read the abbreviations).

Archived