Stained Glass Window Afghan Cal????

MsSunflwr

Where in Florida are you? I'm in Alachua County and it was 23 this morning. That's way too cold for me.

To post photos, you may want to open a free account on Photobucket (or some other photo site). After uploading your photos, Photobucket will give you the html code for posting here. I would recommend that you resize your photos with whichever photo program you have before uploading the photos to Photobucket. I tried having Photobucket resize my photos once and it was a total disaster.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished panel 7 today and attached it to the rest of the afghan. I went ahead and layed it on my bed. Guess what!?!?! It fits the top of the bed. I don't have to do panel 8. :clap Now all I have to do is put an edging on it and it's done. I'll post a photo as soon as the edging is done.

LauriE- CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING! Your afghan really looks great...absolutely beautiful work. :clap :clap

ai_juil - Just dying to see the photos of your variation of this pattern. Please post soon.:yes

I spent the weekend in Atlanta so I didn't get to finish up this afghan as I had planned. Although I did finish up the sixth panel...I'm only planning on making 7, it will be a couch afghan and still large enough to just fit on a queen sized bed. Same size as my first from this CAL.

Susan2.jpg

There was another afghan that had the same stained glass appearance but was made up of individual 4" motifs. I actually starting making it. Then this CAL started and I discovered that I could get the same look without the intensive labor of individual motifs. So I changed the pattern slightly so that each square was 10 rows high.

I have this quirk in that I don't like throw size afghans. I like my afghans to be bigger so I have the flexibility of using it on a bed or a couch. Having the squares being equal size gave me the assurance that each panel was going to be the same length without a lot of guessing and measuring on my part.

I hope it's not too late to get in this CAL. I was watching this CAL last week, looking at all the beautiful afghans some of you have made, and remembered that I'd started this one awhile back. I dug out my scrap box and found that I had two strips done, so I got it out and finished the strips. I'm putting the border on all the strips now and crocheting the strips together, so I should be able to post a pic sometime this week of the finished afghan.

I have to thank all of you for motivating me to finish this one! I've been in a crochet slump lately for some reason, and this really is helping me get out of it. I'm ready to start a second one and get rid of more of my scraps. These will be perfect to take to the nursing home where my mother is at!

Candy

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone. <blushing>

I still have a ton of yarn left over (husband's words), so I went to freepatterns.com and found an afghan pattern there that I'm using now to make me another scrap afghan. Even though the pattern calls for certain colors, I using what I have. There is a color change every 9th row, so for each block of 8 rows I'm using up another color. If your interested in seeing which pattern I'm using, it's called Cinnamon Stripe Afghan. It's a very easy pattern to memorize, and great to work on when I watch tv.

Juli

I thought I'd post a pic of my afghan so far. I have half of the strips crocheted together now, and have another three strips to attach. Then I'll do some sort of simple edging around the afghan, probably just dc around the edge. Hope this works, as this is my first time posting a pic here!

Candy

sgwa.jpg

Thank you, Laurie! This is a fun afghan to make. I'll admit, I haven't been following the pattern exactly, but I do like the result. I've even started on another one already before this one is finished! I work on the strips for the new afghan when I get tired of weaving in ends on this one!

Candy

Great job ladies...I'm loving looking at everyone's beautiful work. I have finally started the last panel of my second afghan and nearly done...although I left it at home and I'll be babysitting most of the day today. I can't wait to get this one finished.

Anyone else still working on this project? How's it coming along?

I'm still working on my afghan. I haven't had much time this week because I've been so busy, but I'm hoping to get it finished in the next couple of days. I've started another one too, simply because my scrap box has more yarn inside than I thought it did!

hmmmmm.....

good way for stash busting

but i`m not ready for starting another cal right now maybe later :)

thanks for all of you and specialy for Donna for starting this cal

a message for paulam01

i love the lighter border don`t stop it`s awsom :)

Cancrochet - Your afghan is so pretty! Congratulations on finishing. I've just got to put the border around it and snap a photo to share with everyone. Thanks everyone for joining in on this one with me. I've still got plenty of stash left and two more have been requested. Maybe I'll do another project before diving into the stash on this one again. I'll be teaching a couple of friends to crochet on the 10th, so that will be a nice break from creating panels.

Archived