Annies attic pattern of the day

The pattern of the day is the one that they had mistakenly posted a picture of the other day when it should have been a rug. I know people were interested in getting this pattern when they saw the picture, so I thought I would give everyone a heads up.

About that houndstooth rug picture... Did anyone notice that it was soooooooo not 60 inches by 75 inches. Unless of course that purse was some giant object and all out of scale?

someone at AA screwed up and it looks like they had half of today's pattern on half of yesterday's pattern.

Today's pattern (Majestic Braids) is a re-run.. I have it in my little stash of AA's PoD's already. It was posted in mid-July (either the 14th or 15th) of this year.

About that houndstooth rug picture... Did anyone notice that it was soooooooo not 60 inches by 75 inches. Unless of course that purse was some giant object and all out of scale?

maybe they were measuring in centimeters!!! LOL!!!:lol

I hadn't been planning on making a rug from yesterday's AA pattern but I did make a square. I just LOVE this stitch! I hadn't tried it before.It's so easy, yet it's tight and would be great for an afghan.

I used an H hook and single strands of worsted weight yarn and the square I finished is pretty heavy! Of course the only pain in the neck is the weaving of all the ends.

I think this might be a great stitch for a wrist warmer or scarf.

Has anyone else worked this stitch? What did you make?

birdlady1, are you talking about the houndstooth rug? I downloaded it to learn that stitch as well... I thought it would make nice placemats or hotpads

Yes, I'm writing about the houndstooth rug. Thanks, because I couldn't remember the pattern's name. I agree that it would make strong, thick placemats and hotpads.

I glaze over if instructions have more than a few changes :lol and usually goof up. But this stitch was incredibly easy and I had it memorized pretty quickly. You'll love it too!

Archived