Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, finished that 8th 9-patch of the one pattern, now halfway through my first 9-patch of the second pattern. I figured out that each 9-patch takes me nearly 45 minutes to do :eek . That's just HORRIBLE! Of course, I'm weaving in my ends as I go, but STILL!

So, maybe and hopefully I will have the rest of the 9-patches done, and a wedge or two made by next friday... keep your fingers crossed!

Im having trouble with the attachments of the wedges. Does anyone know if there is a mistake in the instructions. I just cant seem to crochet the block/wedge/block to the star. It says to join B in any point ch-2sp with slst, ch1, sc in corner ch-2 sp of block * (ch3, sc in next ch-sp of block, sc in next ch-sp of star)7 times.

I cant seem to get this part to fit right so i can get to the ch sp of the wedge correctly.

can anyone help me.

Wendy~

What I did is this:

First pin the center of the wedge to the center of the star between the two points. It won't work right if you don't do this and pin the end of the block to the points of the star. on the blocks were the squares join, slst between the two small squares and it should work out from the point to where the block ends. where the wedge attaches you will have to play a bit. I found that in the you will have an uneven amount, so I attached on the wedge side in space after three dc 3 times and then in the space after two dc on either side of the center part wedge. I made sure that the 2 dc were not on the edge or the center.something like this:

S xxx S xx S xxx S xxx S xxx S xxx S xx S xxx S Wedge side

S xxx S xxx S xxx S x D x S xxx S xxx S xxx S Star side

x ~ skipped dc

S ~ sc in space

D ~ sc in dc

I hope this helps, it worked for me. If you more help just give a holler.

I'm plugging away at my 9-patches. I've got the first 8 done, then finished 1 of the 2nd granny. I've done all the centers for the rest, not I'm just working my way through one color at a time. I'm cleaning today, but taking 15 minutes break every 45, and I know I can get a little bit more than 3 small squares done in that break. Have to get cleaned up and get dinner on soon, too.

Hope everyone else is having a good crocheting day!

Thanks Tracey, I will try that tonight when I get home from work. I was so excited to get them attached.

Do you know I still have to do the remaining 4 granny block 1's...grrrr. I will do them when it comes time to attach them I think.

Krystal your getting there, keep plugging away at them.

Well, I am down to edging the ghan and I am done. The one piece of advise I can give ya'll is be careful on the corner borders. Be sure to be almost to the top of the second square on the block when you are finished with the MC part of the border, it not the final color border will not work out correctly

Well, I am down to edging the ghan and I am done. The one piece of advise I can give ya'll is be careful on the corner borders. Be sure to be almost to the top of the second square on the block when you are finished with the MC part of the border, it not the final color border will not work out correctly

Way to go Tracy, I can hardly wait to see pictures. :cheer :cheer

peni

I love this afghan. I've ordered the book and am searching out yarn, but I'm seven weeks behind you guys. Think there's any chance some of you will still be working on it when I get started? I've read through most of the postings.

Thank you Moonspinners for the advice about ignoring gauge.

Thank you Darski for the center pull yarn ball instructions.

Cookie, I thought your combination of yellows sounded beautiful. Did you ever finish? Are you using those colors? Marci

Marci welcome to this cal. Even if we are finished we will still look in here and help people that are still doing it.

Its a lovely ghan and dont be put off by us complaining about the 9 patch blocks its definitely worth it in the end.

I didnt get anything done tonight. I forgot that it was parent/teacher aquaintance night tonight for both girls. We went to the school and met the girls teachers and they spoke about what is happening this year which is great. So Im not doing any crochet tonight as Im now going to watch Brothers and Sisters.

th_IMG_0568.jpg *clickable*

:sigh Here is my decision for my star afghan - all frogged. :sigh

Right now, I am on a fixed income, also on a tight budget while job hunting. It will be a while before I can make another attempt on this afghan. I will be back later in the year if this CAL is still on.

I have no idea how hard it was, frogged all these yarns. I started it years ago; I had a vision about it, the fact that I was able to do it - a challenge, worth an advanced crocheter, something I can call as a treasure. It took me about 4 hours to frog it all. I guessed it's why I was in a crochet slump for several days. I couldn't face the frogging part until few hours ago.

I will put those scrap yarns aside for a while. I will go back and work on it as a scrap project when I am ready. I have other projects that need me more. I already finished up few projects one at a time. So I guess it's good that I am slowly moving on.

Last note, I am sorry if I am down about this project; it's so hard for me as it is first project that I ever all frogged (even a long neglected UFO project for years) after many years of crochetting. Please keep up your great work, I will keep an eye on this CAL for a bit. I will let you know when I am ready again.

Hugs to all in this CAL, please keep up the spirit and passion of this art. Bedtime for me as it's after 3 am. I will be around a lot tomorrow as it should be raining.

Tracey wow congratulations on nearly finishing it. I cant wait to see the end result. What are you going to do next.

Archived