tapestry crochet

danisboots

If you want to see some bizarre tapestry crocheted items, check out my blog (link in my signature). I've been playing with it quite a bit lately. My film reel purse design is done all in tapestry crochet.

My husband and 24yo son LOVE your Mortal Combat piece!!!

Shawnee

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to throw in a few more "keep those darned skeins from winding together hint" (although Darski hit it head on with her tips)

1) don't let your yarn roll while you're working. A center pull ball is good, but I don't even like using those- the ball shape tends to still cause rolling around. Or maybe I pull to hard! So a flat or tube shaped center pull skein will work much nicer for an afghan sized piece

2) try not to pull any more out of the skein than you need to- I used to pull out quite a bit at a time so I wouln't have to stop and tug so much, but then the threads have that much more time to wrap against each other.

3) when you're doing a large afghan sized piece, or anything where you are working directly from a large skein and not bobbins, you can't usually pick up the piece and let the yarn unwind. But it can be easier to drop the piece to the floor and pick up the skeins straight up from teh project, so you can see where the yarn is wrapping around itself and maneuver it quickly to get everything straightened out

Oh, and thanks to those who liked my projects! :) I wish I could offer 'em up, but no can do since they're copyrighted characters :(

• 5 months later...

Archived