Goodwill Goodies

Becks

Today was the Grand Opening of a Goodwill Store in our town.

I fought the crowds to get parking, to get a cart, to get to the book aisle, and

Woohoo!!!! :clap

Two Better Homes and Gardens Crochet and Crochet/Knit hardcover books!!!

One is called Forever Favorite Crochet from 1984. It's got soooo many patterns I'm just dying! (Has anyone heard of or made what they call the five-sided pineapple doily because it looks just awesome!)( You're probably out there going, "Well, duh, Becks, where have you been?") :lol There's a checkered sweater pattern that's really nice. Something they call a Spencer Jacket, (which I would have to make about 500 times larger I think, :lol ), a popcorn cardigan that's soooo beautiful, and lots of afghan patterns too.

The second book is from 1986 and it's called Afghans to Knit and Crochet.

There's crocheted Log Cabin designs, Houndstooth, Plaid, and Argyle patterns.

There are knitted versions as well.

I waited in line to buy them for about half an hour. There was a lady two carts in front of me whose cart was just mounded over with stuff. :thair

But I didn't care because I knew I was getting these books.

This is the best Christmas present I could ever have gotten. :yay

I, too, enjoy finding a treasure at the thrift store. My favorite outing was the semi-annual Goodwill Book Sale...I was almost in heaven going through crate upon crate of crochet books and patterns. Doggone them, they have stopped having the sale because of crowd control!

i love op shops! to the point i have to be selective about what i buy. i do get almost anything baby (knit or crochet and i cant even knit!) and then look up index's in multicraft books to see if there is crochet/tatting. i hate having to leave some behind but if i bought everything with crochet i'd have no roomin my house!

I love thrift shops for picking up books. One time, I picked up about 10 hardcover Plastic Canvas books for $1 each. And you know how expensive those hardcover books are originally.

Great to have a GS in your town.

:manyheart

I too love the thrift stores. Last week day after Thanksgiving I paid 1$ for a knit scarf that had a big hole in it. Beautiful red chenille, took off the tassels and got a million funny looks as I frogged it on the train. Now I have a Beautiful red chenille Dot Matthews UBW(UglyButWarm) hat that I wear everywhere. I have that Afgans to knit and crochet book also I got at a thrift store.

I bought a tall, grey bag today that was among the purses at Goodwill. It has a zipper in the front that would be perfect for the yarn to come through. I just noticed it says Logics on the bottem band. Last time I went I found some little fabric collapsible boxes that are perfect for keeping little projects in. I love Goodwill.

• 2 weeks later...

I hit the thrift stores at least once a week and probably have over 500 books I haven't even gone through to see all the treasures! Just yesterday, I bought about 20 books (everything from booties to afghans) for $10. I need to spend a full day marking everything if I want to remember what I have!

Archived