Gemma Scarf finally finished!

Badtz_maru

Here's the gemma scarf finished at long last!! I used Paton's Lacette in maroon mist.

gemmasmaj5.th.jpg

click to see big pic

It came out a leedle LONG :eek ...

it says to use 5 skeins and that it should come out 10" by 72" which I assume includes the fringe... I used 2 skeins and part of another to make the body 60". Then when I blocked it it GREW massively so it's 12" x 104" (including 32" of fringe). The fringe is actually supposed to be denser, but I'm lazy :blush

Anyway, the pattern is great, very professionally laid out and easy to follow. Plus they come with a diagram which is always nice for lace patterns. The scarf if fun to make and works up fast if you just use 2 skeins for the body. Lacette is a pain in the tuckus because it's hairy and impossible to frog, yet shimmery and beautiful... dang yooo Lacette! I think I'd like to try this with a non-hairy sockweight yarn.

It came out great! No problems with the directions? (I'm curious because it was the first charted pattern I've released and I'd appreciate any feedback you have). For sure, if you block it, it's going to grow a bunch. Looks like you stopped it in time before it took over your stash!

Archived