Has anyone made the Short N Sweet bolero?

knitted_painting

Question

Has anybody made this yet? I've just started with it and did the chain row, but it'll be my first wearable crocheted item so I'm kind of anxious of how it'll turn out and I was just wondering if anyone else has made it yet?

I've found the errata for the Happy Hooker book and it says theres some mistakes in this pattern aswell, but I've heard from someone else that she had the corrected version so I'm going to have to see if I've got the corrected book or the one with the errors in it... cause if I've got the faulty one I'll never end up with a bolero lol:think

9 answers to this question

I'm on my second one of these--I've made both longer than the pattern in the book. I've found that this is not the easiest pattern the first time around--A LOT of threads have been dedicated to asking for help, so I respectfully dispute that it is easy. Be sure to download not only the errata page, but the graph that goes with it--it makes it go so much easier. Take it one step at a time and it will turn out beautifully! And make sure to ask for help if you need it.

FaeDragon: I just meant to say that if I wouldn't have known that there were errors in the pattern I would never end up with a bolero or with a faulty one, but that's just my lil silly sarcastic humour. sorry if it came out wrong:think

I've already checked out the errors and I've written them down so it should all go well now.

thanks everybody:hug and I will ask for help if I get stuck DisneyFan thanks:) After all that is what makes the Ville so great everybodies always helping out :D

After reading all the earlier replies from late last year on this particular item, and having read the errata, my questions about the pattern aren't really answered.

How is it constructed? The pattern doesn't exactly explain. I've done the instructions for the back but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do now. I understand starting the front and only using part of the row, but what exactly did I just crochet? The top back? The upper back and around the neck? And where are the arms coming in? last? was I supposed to repeat the back? If the directions (12 rows) for the back are all the rows I need for the back and I just do the front the same length and then attach, the armhols won't fit arms...

I'm so confused by this pattern...

Yes what you just made was the top back. You are now moving on to the right front. I just scrapped mine because I was sooo frustrated :thair:yell Just be sure & get the errata for it before you move on just do a search for it. Good Luck ;) The pattern made me feel like a complete idiot :(

I've made this too. If I'm remembering correctly you make the top yoke part of the back first, then the front yoke for one side, then the other. Then you start at the inside middle edge of one front, work across it to the side edge, work along the back, then work the other front piece from side in to the middle, joining everything up. Then you just work back and forth, then go on to work the sleeves. Since the yoke ends at the bottom armhole area of the sleeve, after you join everything up, there are no seams to work.

It's a very cute little jacket. In fact, I may be wearing mine tonight, depending on where dh and I decide to go eat dinner, since we are kid-free this weekend. (One's on a band trip, the other is at Boy Scout camporee)

you make the top yoke part of the back first, then the front yoke for one side, then the other. Then you start at the inside middle edge of one front, work across it to the side edge, work along the back, then work the other front piece from side in to the middle, joining everything up. Then you just work back and forth, then go on to work the sleeves. Since the yoke ends at the bottom armhole area of the sleeve, after you join everything up, there are no seams to work.

Ah! I get it now! *Runs off to get crochetting, realizing she has costume sewing to do first and curses the Athena Asamiya Costume of doooom*

Archived