Has anyone made this?

I want to make this for my friend for her birthday which is on Nov 20, I was wondering if anyone else here had made this and what they thought of the outcome and how long it took them to make it.

http://www.artoftangle.com/dahlia_afghan.htm

The pattern calls for a G hook and worsted weight yarn.

I think that you would really have to push to get it done in time for Nov. 20.

Try to find a pattern that uses a larger hook and/or double strand. They go QUICK!!!!!!!

If you have a full-time job, I just can't see you getting it done in time. However, some gals are very fast...I just wouldn't try to do something that complicated in that time line (I could probably get a granny square afghan done in that time with a full-time job).

Stephanie

Well, the full size takes 48 squares, and I don't know yet if I will do it that large because I don't know if I can get anymore yarn, but I already have several of the flowers finished and one square just about done. I had not been able to work on it over the weekend, or Monday, so this is all from today. We'll see how it goes.

The bad news is that I only have one square completely finished, but good news is that I have all of th flowers done, so now I only have to do the surrounding part. I decided to downsize it a bit simply because I cannot afford enough yarn to do a full size one. I made 36 flowers so that I have enought to either do a 5 by 7 or do a 6 by 6. I don't know if I want it to by a square, but I have to wait and see until I get around five done so that I can see how wide it will be. I think that the square is about nine inches and with the added border, it will add a few more inches. I don' really know yet. I will post pictures when I can.

• 6 months later...

Archived