a shawl with sleeves?

mrs who

Question

I'm seeking a crochet pattern for a shawl like this:

www.inknitters.com/Issue10/charity_book_2003.pdf

(This one is knitted and from the Inknitters 2003 charity booklet - available free on their website.)

Has anyone seen anything like it in crochet? I love the way it's like a circle shawl with sleeves.

Thanks in advance :)h

Edited by Tiffcrochets to add link to booklet & remove copyrighted photos.

7 answers to this question

try going to the current projects part of this board & then go down about 10 - 15 postings, and there's one in there about a cocoon sweater. in the replies there a link to the pattern, its done in crochet and is quick & easy.

the pattern is actually posted on about.com, so it might actually be quicker to go there & do a search ... but i like reading everone else's comments.

hope this helps

fran :)

Sorry about posting copyrighted pictures! :blush It never even occurred to me.

I liked the cocoon pattern (from the about.com boards) but it looks SO heavy. In my mind, I have something rather gauzy - perhaps a dense stitch but done on fine wool with larger needles to give it a light weight feel. Does that make sense?

I guess if I could wrap my brain around the instructions for the knitted one (link above) I could convert it to crochet. The directions seem to indicate that the bottom edging is knitted first, then the center-back panel, then the top edging, and the sleeves are picked up on the sides and done in the round, and the cuff edging then done. What confused me is when you were supposed to knit the side seams. It seems to me there shouldn't be any side seems! A crocheted version could probably be done by stitching the back center AND sleeves, then folding it, stitching up the arm sleeves and then putting a lace edging on each cuff and the top & bottom. But I'm not sure I'm figuring that out properly.:ideanot

Archived