Need A Pattern for a Baby Kimono

NYCKat

Hi,

I'm new! I start Intermediate crochet lessons on Wed. My first grandchild is due in December and I would like either a pattern for a simple sweater (we don't know the sex) or preferably a kimono wrap sweater.

I would very much appreciate any help.

Hope you're all having a good night. Thank you.

I hate homespun..what happens when you use regular w.w yarn?

Charlene - you can still do it - just use the pattern as a guide. Start with the bottom back side - chain the width as needed. Crochet rows until it's as long as you need it. Now chain out the right length for arms and again crochet enough rows to encircle the arms. Use the original numbers to see how wide her front sides were in comparison to her back width, and make yours similarly. crochet wnough rows to match the back

make sense?

This is a comment from someone who used WW:

Because I wanted to use up some of my worsted weight yarn, I used the pattern with worsted weight using a size N hook. It isn't as "tight" a stitch as the picture shows but it is a nice sweater for a baby without one.

Others used Baby Clouds and other bulky wt yarn.

Welcome to the board.

I made this using a variety of yarns, if I remember correctly - I used some a pink homespun, a little baby yarn and some eyelash yarn. Don't know brands because it was all left overs in my stash.

Here's a picture and there are more at my photobucket site in the baby album (pink sweater).

th_0a528e36.jpg

th_DSC00186.jpg

Hope this helps

That's the pattern! Thank you for letting me know it was appropriate for a beginner - I'm sure I'll have questions. Again, thank you all for your input.........the photo of the one that was done inspired me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and Welcome Kitty Crochet, my name is Barbara. I can give you 3 sites to go to to get Kimono style baby crochet or knitted sweater.

1.http://www.crochetme.com The pattern name is called "Baby It's Cold Outside", this pattern is free and is there for you to print out. It is crocheted.

2.Straw.com Home Crystal Palace Yarns. pattern is called Bunny Hop Side Wrap Kimono this is a knitted pattern.

3.lionbrand.com/patterns type in free pattern name of pattern is Little Luxury Kimono, when this comes up you can print this one out too. It's free and is a knitted one also. Sizes on this 3mos. to 2 yrs. Hope you find these okay, if not contact me at bjmudd@sbcglobal.net Have a great night

BJMudd (Barbara)

Archived