Cute Headband

aliciasjoy

Hey everyone! I haven't crocheted much lately and yesterday I realized I really missed it so sat down and started a purse, and my new, annoying long bangs kept getting in my face.

So, I made these headbands. I had been wanting to knit a lacy headband for a while, but knitting takes me much, much longer than crocheting, and I'm in the middle of holiday presents so can't take a bunch of time for myself.

These took me less than an hour and I'm not speedy. They took very little yarn. I used some kool-aid dyed wool, probably less than 80 yards? I forgot the length of most of the skeins I made, but they were little.

headband.jpg

modeled by my son. He's very sweet, but I have to pay him a dollar a picture.

Here's the pattern, and a variation to make it narrower at the bottom of the page:

http://sockmonkeyrescue.org/headband.html

I hope y'all like it, let me know what you think!

Thanks y'all!

lhasaapsolady, the kool-aid color was berry blue blast, or burst, something like that. It's my favorite kool-aid color, the others can be sort of neon.

dragontatt, I love Draco and Harry so much. I probably have a little too much free time. hehe.

And, Yelutci, thank you! My son's been anti-haircut for several years now, I try not to let it go below his shoulders. I'm hoping this is his big way of rebelling. That would be fine with me!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I love it! I wear lots of headbands - nothing keeps hair out of face better. I've knit and crocheted my own using the same few patterns for quite a while now. Yours is a badly needed and refreshing change, and I can't wait to try it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• 1 year later...

Archived