Oh so beautiful, anyone seen a sweater like this?

Ro

Question

13 answers to this question

Thanks Tiff! The closest one I see is the Baroque pattern there, is pretty and I could likely add the ruffles to the sleeves no problem, it's the collar I would have trouble with I know.

Wonder if I can talk my husband and in-laws into going in on the betsey johnson for my birthday LOL.

I'm still searching, if I find anything similiar I'll post, but if anybody knows of a pattern somewhere, please post!

What would you say it can be made with?

Lustre Sheen? Sport yarn?

Even if I would attempt something like that, I'd only make it for a very "tiny" woman.....

Reminds me of something back in the 60's and 70's.....Good Housekeeping.....Woman's Day....BHG.....Mon Tricot...those magazines.

Good luck.

Ken

When I looked at it in person at the boutique it looks and feels alot more like the luster sheen..

It wouldnt be hard to come up with a pattern. I have thought of that after I was there in the store looking at it a month ago. Right now just too much going on around here to even try to attempt to come up with a pattern for it..

Thank you for the continued input everyone!

Ken, I was hoping that you'd weigh in on this, I so admire your work! Have for a long time before I even found this site. You're amazing! :not

Chelle I'm sure you could make this, looking at the jackets you made your daughters which are GORGEOUS! You are so gifted!!!

I purchased the Stitch Diva pattern last night but I have to admit, it intimidates me :blush with my neurological issues, following a pattern that complex might have me in a rubber room bouncing off the walls by the end! This is why I make hats and blankets and little else! I've only been crocheting since summer 2002 though so maybe I'm being a little hard on myself there, I don't know.

I wish I could see it in person but the closest Nordstrom is hours away from here...I think I'm gonna try a simpler sweater pattern first and then see how that goes LOL. Have to start somewhere I guess...

hugs

Ro

Sakkara that is a great pattern!!! I may even have to take a stab at it. Thank you for posting it!

Deneen, I agree Ken's work is so amazing, that cocoon sweater is gorgeous. What an :artist ! I'm sure you could make a beautiful one :)

hugs

Ro

I have found out that if you find a basic sweater/jacket pattern you like.....how do I say this......let's say you know how to make a long sweater doing only double stitch......counting is the key......you can adjust any pattern you like......say you want the same sweater, but nothing but shells......every time you make a base stitch.....let's say 101 base chain......do a sc on it.....you'll come out with a 100 sc base row. If you want your rows to lay flat you must count. Let's say you want to have the shell pattern I mentioned. Ch 3 then turn after the end of your sc base row. DC the whole thing.....100 DC. Ch 3. Turn.

DC in in next DC skip one DC, two DC in next DC.....repeat......make sense? I do not have the knack of explaining things....what I am saying is..everytime you add a stitch, you need to skp that may stitches to make it lay flat.....you can do whatever you want.......if you have favorite fancy afghans patterns.....make it a sweater.....the only thing you have to do is make it smaller and sew it together.....then....maybe add some trim.......if you can learn to increase and decrease....all the bettter.....

GEEZ, I bet I just made this harder, huh?

Archived