What's your oldest WIP/UFO?

Momcrochets

What is it, and how old is it?

I have a UFO hanging around that has to be three years old. :yarn I keep saying it's to have something to work on "between" projects;) ...when my to do list empties, or I can't decide what to do next....Funny thing is, I keep not getting to it.:think It happens to be a filet crochet coffee (coctail) table cover...from an old magic crochet mag.:hook

I just finished two afghans that I started about 20 years ago. I didn't have anyone to help me when I got confused by the patterns, (because believe it or not, I don't know anyone in real life that crochets), so I just gave up and storex them away. 8 months or so ago, I was cleaning up my craft stuff and found them. Shortly after that I found Crochetville, and now they're finished!! I had started on eo the afghans working into the back loop only, beccause I thought that was the way it was supposed to be done, so I finished it that way. It looks fine, just not exactly like the picture.

About three years ago I started a pair of socks out of yellow Lion Brand microspun. I finished one sock and I really liked it, :yes but I cannot bring myself to start the other one. :no So the poor orphan sock resides in a ziploc bag with its pattern and the ball of yarn to make sock #2. I drag it out every Christmas and say I'm going to finish them and give them to my sister, then, well, January rolls around and back in the UFO bin it goes. :shrug

Well, so far, I have everyone beat. I started not one but two granny square afghans when I was a teenager - about 35 years ago. I made tons of squares and never finished. Now, my mom is slowly working on finishing them as about three years ago, she found them in her closet - lol!

More recent for me though is about two years - a purple purse - finished except for handles and lining.

Archived