15 Weeks til Christmas Scarf Along

crochetgoddess

Christina and Stephanie, both your scarves are fabulous!

I'm looking at my Light and Lofty scarf and am wondering if it's gift-worthy. I'll post a pic some time to get people's opinions. :P

I am really itching to try this scarf pattern from Crochetme.

Juli, a crochet-along is just a group of people who are interested in a particular project (scarves in this case) getting together online to exchange ideas, cheer each others on, report on their progress, and share pictures of completed projects. It's a good way to stay motivated.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everybody, I'm new, my name's Leslie.

I'm going to join in. :)

I'm going to start with the Stardust scarf. I still have to get some of the supplies together, but I thought I'd post to get myself started. :)

The scarfs above all look fantastic! And the last pattern linked by sakurasaku looks very neat, and I'll probably do that one next :)

Leslie

I'm joining in here, working on the Zen scarf that sakurasaku posted--I've had my eye on it for a looooong time and it's looking good so far. I finished about 5 pattern repeats in less than 2 hours' work :)

Just finished the fun fur scarf last night. I know, I know...I need to get on the ball with the pics but my teenager has confiscated my digicam (grrrr!)

In my completed scarf pile right now are 5 scarves. YAY!

I am really itching to try this scarf pattern from Crochetme.

Yes, yes, I'm quoting myself...I did get started on the Crochetme scarf from that link I posted, although I haven't finished my first Light and Lofty (with the sage snuggle scarf pattern) scarf. I am making this one a bit wider by increasing the pattern by one repeat, since it looked a little skinny when I tried it as it is written.

I have a terrible habit of getting distracted by something new and starting it before I finish my current project. I have half-finished WIPs all over the place...:blush

HI, i'm new i just got into the group recently. I would like to join the crochet a long if it's not to late. I almost had a scarf done yesterday but I ran out of yarn lol. I went to joannes to see if they had it but they didnt. I was using the buff color yarn from red heart. Anyhow I can work on another one til i get yarn in that color. th anks Can you guys give me some ideas on colors for scarfs. also do you guys have an idea of a cable stitch or if there is one for crocheting.:)

Hi, Netta! I'm not the moderator of this CAL, but I'm sure it's fine for you to jump right in.

I finished my Light and Lofty scarf (with the sage snuggle scarf pattern) last night. I will post a picture when I get my camera back from my BF so everyone can tell me "heck, no, I wouldn't want that for Christmas" or "Yeah, it could work..." :lol

HI, I was wondering if you guys could help me with some patterns for a simple scarf. I found some but honestly i was trying to see if i can get an easy one or a couple ones for a scarf and i might as well make a matching hat. How many skeins of yarn should i be using for one scarf if i'm using the redheart yarn.

well if I ever get my camera back from my parents then I will have pics of my scarves. I have a few to show and am currently working on the one skein scarf.

And for anyone who wants to join, feel free to jump in at any time!!

here's my stardust scarf. the yarn was handdyed and handspun by a friend of mine!

:c9

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/251269/stardustscarf.jpg

That's a beautiful scarf!

I finished a vertical stripes scarf (pattern from crochetme) last night...and I don't like the way it came out!!! :( I am going to frog the whole thing, I think...and it was done in LB Homespun, so the ends are going to unravel...maybe I should just donate the scarf and start another one instead of spending my energy on neatly frogging a Homespun scarf. What do you think?

HI, I was wondering if you guys could help me with some patterns for a simple scarf. I found some but honestly i was trying to see if i can get an easy one or a couple ones for a scarf and i might as well make a matching hat. How many skeins of yarn should i be using for one scarf if i'm using the redheart yarn.

Here's a simple one that's quite popular at the moment!

http://www.patonsyarns.com/pattern.php?PID=1858&PHPSESSID=5721107b2c6a6cfbeb072e786edd0026

Great minds think alike...it's the "Week 2" scarf crochetgoddess (the host of this CAL) posted! :)

I DID end up frogging the Crochetme vertical stripes scarf (see my previous post) and just designing my own version of stripes. It's a very simple pattern and I like how it came out. Will post pics tomorrow.

Here is the revised vertical stripes scarf. This is for a friend who works for Tiffany's and hence the color scheme. I couldn't get the blue to come out right, but it's actually very close to the Tiffany blue.

IMG_6176.jpg

And here is the "sage snuggle" scarf (see first page of this thread for link) done in Light and Lofty. The color is "Cape Cod Multi". I think this one will be for one of her daughters.

IMG_6182.jpg

My next one, I think, will be one of Etaria's scarfs.

I had started some scarves before I joined the CAL, but I'm counting them!

Here are pics of what I've completed to date:

Scarf-Marble1.jpg

One skein scarf done in Marble. They don't have names for the colorway, but I call this one English Garden.

Scarf-Marble2.jpg

Another one skein scarf in Marble, Berry.

Scarf-Silk.jpg

A man's scarf done in Silky Tweed. This pattern I just made up. It's alternating rows of sc and dc with a rev sc edging. I think I started with a 203 ch.

And this is the one I'm going to start today. The pic of the scarf is on page 3. Looks like another quick one (yay!)

Biker Chick

Happy Trails,

Archived