Koolaid Wool

Miss USA

So I had at it. One skein white Lambs Pride wool. I used my crockpot, and got a bit carried away by the different colours. I just couldnt settle. What I came up with was funny gay pride wool. :lol

tintingwool.jpg

gayyarn.jpg

Then, I did something totally idiotic. I decided to ball it up, and laid it out on the floor and created a giant MESS.:eek I spent the better part of the morning detangling and cursing myself for being so stupid. The good part was, I got to admire all the vibrant colours as they went through my fingers.

mess.jpg

I finally got it together. :whew but all the agitating sortof made it full up a bit, thats ok though, I will most likely be felting this anyhow. :hook

gaywoolball.jpg

woolbrights.jpg

The colours look fantastic!

A kind fairy godmother sent me some cool aid. Can you please tell me what to do with it to use it as a dye??

Beautiful! It looks less um gay-pride and more Grateful Dead now that it's dry.

Cupcake-just dissolve the Kool-aide in warm(not hot) water and then let your wool soak in the sun until it's a color you like. I put 2 different colors in big plastic cups and then set the ends of the skien in each, right next to each other;only a bit of yarn is left out but the dye bleeds up to the middle part, some. When the water turns clear I lay the skien flat in a glass dish so it can mix in the middle a bit more, sometimes I give it a little squish, too. You can also microwave it for a short time or crock-pot to like Miss USA, but I have only used the sunshine method. Give it a try, its lots of fun.

I put 2 different colors in big plastic cups and then set the ends of the skien in each, right next to each other;only a bit of yarn is left out but the dye bleeds up to the middle pa, some. When the water turns clear I lay the skien flat in a glass dish so it can mix in the middle a bit more, sometimes I give it a little squish, too.

Cool!! I use the "sun tea" method of kool-aid dying myself, using canning jars to hold my skeins. I've been struggling with how to do varigated yarns with this method -- it never occured to me to put the ends of the skeins in different jars! I'll have to give it a try this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
So I had at it. One skein white Lambs Pride wool. I used my crockpot, and got a bit carried away by the different colours. I just couldnt settle. What I came up with was funny gay pride wool.

Now that you have it together did you crochet with it? If yes I would love to see the way it worked out. I love the colors.

Thanks for sharing.

Archived