Baby shower favors

sugalily

Question

Help!!

A friend has asked me to crochet some baby shower favors for her... but I can't find any patterns other than the baby shower fridgies from CPC. And I'm not talented enough to just come up with something... :blush

Does anybody have any cute patterns for baby shower favors? :fc

Lily

9 answers to this question

A real cute favor for baby showers (not crocheted tho) is you take a white certs, or lifesaver candy and glue a little jelly bean in the hole. Then you glue another certs at a perpendicular (right) angle to the first one...it makes a baby soother. Then you can string ribbon through it and everyone has a necklace. It makes a fun game if no one can say the word "baby" or if they are caught they give up their soother. The one with the most soother necklaces at the end wins.

This might not be a popular opinion, but personally, I prefer when shower favors are useful things. I mean, little booties are adorable, but when I get home, what am I going to do with it? Probably shove it in a drawer, because I would never throw out something someone made, but I really don't have a use for it. And I know that when I make things, I prefer that people take them home and use them rather than risk them being thrown out. :eek

So what about maybe bookmarks? Or if you do booties, do a set so they could be little doll booties or something?

I'm sure whatever you do will be wonderful, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

That's about what I replied on the other board but it didn't make the move. lol

Here's what I said:

"By favors, you mean gifts for the guests? Or stuff for the mom to be?

When I hold baby showers, the gifts I give to guests for prizes or whatever are not baby related usually. I never understood why the non pregnant one had to have baby booties or whatever.

If it's for the guests, why not make some bookmarks? CPC has a lot of cute ones and there's Donna's thong one at Crochet Me.

If it has to be baby themed, put one of the fridgies on the end instead of a butterfly or whatever. wink.gif

Just my thoughts."

I think a flower pin would be really nice. You could use the lionbrand patterns or search cpc and then back it with a pin. They would be useful and unique. Maybe somehow place them in little flower pots with the guests name on them-placecard and useful favor!

HTH,

Lori

Thank you all for your great ideas!! :D

I agree with having 'useless' favors... I personally don't like collecting those, so they usually end up in the trash :blush

I'll do a couple bookmarks and show them to my friend and see what she thinks... ;)

:tyall again!!

Lily

Archived