Baby need a new dog collar

ejlown

I am so proud of my dog collar I whipped up for my 'first baby'. She is in between a xs and s size collar, so I decided to design a collar just for her. After all she is 'Your Royal Highness Priscilla Queen of the Dessert'.

dogcollar001.jpg

She resting right now. No photos please.

dogcollar003.jpg

Made with Omega nylon thread and a size 7,5 steel crochet hook.

pretty :)

for those of you with smal dogs, try cat collars

id be a little afraid to use that collar, because of the way it hooks... those snap things arnt the strongest, but i dont know how much your dog pulls

ive had 4... 2 are 15 pounds, 1 was like 5, and the other was 60

and i dont think even the smallest could have been kept with that hook

:hi There!

The collar is very nice:yes ...and...your baby is so cute!!!

My baby is a 7 pound poodle...he is tired of his Harley (his attitude) collar. I am thinking about a harness this time...he is always pulling:dog on his walk to the lake...and it makes him cough...you think he would learn not to pull after 10 years...but he can't wait to get his drink from the lake!!!

Maggie:sun

GReat collar! I have a Chi too, His proper name is The spanish for Prince Henry (we call him PAPI) He is tri colored too, like your little one!

I know your little princess will enjoy her new collar.

Well ladies, thanks so much for the compliments. I would be more than happy to share a pattern with you. I'll have to get back to you this afternoon with it after my kiddos are down for their nap. For those of you that are concerned with the collars safety and wearability- So far my dog has not had any problems what so ever with her new collar.I made sure it wasn't to heavy for her head- it weighs 18 grams and her old collare weighed 12 grams. Take note that she is only 5 lbs and never really goes outside as she is litterbox trained this may not work on a larger dog who romps around outside. I used omega thread nylon which is a much sturdier yarn than cotton, wool, or arcylic. This is also not a collar that I would put a leash on. She wears a harness collar/leash when we go out that fits over her body. I also used two heavy duty snaps. They come in larger sizes and are very durable. I imagine you can also use a button too. I plan on making a couple more, so I will attempt to incorporate a button on one of them. I have seen a lot of dog chokers and necklaces lately (at Target).

Archived