My first curlywhirly!

rose_anglaise

Hello everyone :)

This month's Simply Knitting (UK-based magazine) came with a free crochet supplement, and among the patterns was an easy one for a curlywhirly scarf. It only took a few hours to make, using some Sirdar "BonusFlash" double knitting yarn from my limited stash.

I can't seem to get a decent digital photo, but you get the idea ...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/Omphaloskepsis/crafts/curlywhirly.jpg

I now have the overwhelming urge to turn out hundreds of these in more exciting colourways, as Christmas gifts for everyone I know. :D

Very pretty scarf.....and so stylish! That is the "in thing" in crochet these days. You did a fabulous job on it.

Im glad you found some use in this months Simply Knitting. I wish i hadnt bought it lol. I dont recall a scarf but i might have another look since yours came out really nice

When I saw your post I thought to myself WHAT :think can a "curly whirly" possibly be???? But when I saw it I KNEW...Yes! That is the BEST Curly Whirly I have ever seen! Thanks :hug for sharing it with us! It Is beautiful! They would make excellent gifts! :gift:gift:giftUnique,relatively fast and easy to make, and not too expensive....I say "Go for it!":yes

Well, Petra - it sounds as if amp's got a copy of Simply Knitting she'd be glad to see the back of! :D

Thanks everyone. I am making another of these now, in very silly colours. It's the perfect portable crochet project for taking on the train, to cafés, etc!

Archived