Poncho

i haven't gone over to see specifically which poncho you are considering... the only thing that i have in mind about these is that, because they have gotten sooo popular - everyone is coming out with them - including walmart at only $10 or so --- you might really look into the market around you before making a light weight one. i think a heavier one meant for winter would still be worth your while :2

Amber, I don't think Rebecca was suggesting selling them for $10 a poncho. She was saying Walmart has some that are available for $10 a poncho. That'll make it hard to come up with a good price, just because they are easy to get there. Of course, the yarn quality and pattern used will play into it too, and somebody will jump at the chance to have a well made, handmade poncho. :thumbsup

I sell ponchos, purses and other items on consignment in boutiques in the Los Angeles area. Business is booming right now with all the crochet that is in fashion. I charge 4X the cost of materials, (unless I get the yarn extra cheap, then I charge what a comprable item is going for in the stores.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tepperleen

I'm doing a craft's fair this weekend and I have 4 ponchos that I plan on selling for $40. I would love to go higher but they are acrylic. I live in Manhattan so I'm hoping I can get that. Anything less and it's just not worth my time. Some people say it's too little. But I know that you can go to almost any dep't store and buy one (albeit not as nice as mine :blush ) for $28 or so. It's tough out there. I just have to hope that mine are different from what everyone else is selling and hopefully that will appeal to people. I personally am amazed at what people sell things for on Ebay. It makes me nuts, but that's another topic.

Archived