Kitty Cuddles (Felted Cat Bed Pattern)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for sharing this with every one, I have made a pledge to try to make this beautiful kitty bed and then donate them to my local SPCA, I posted it on a local website putting the idea out there and now others are going to do the same ;) thanks again

Diana

Hi, this is my first time felting anything, and the first time that I finished anything crochet, Ijust learned to do it two weekends ago, so don't mind me I am really new at this, but now my cat bed is finished..but insanely small.. more for a kitty than a cat..

My question is.. so felting only shrinks? I was under the impression that it would strech it for some reason... if I streched it as it dried..

when felting, do you just do it by running it in the wash with hot water? and from what I have read, by checking every now and then??

sorry I am really new at this, I am going to post a photo of my catbed, it did turn out pretty cute.. floppy but cute

• 3 weeks later...

Hi....I'm new to the group. I want to try and make this kitty bed for my own kitties! It looks wonderful! If it actually turns out for me this could be something I could make and put in our local art gallery to sell.....just a thought. I am wondering if Chrome Kitty has any restrictions on this pattern.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the pattern!

I was looking for the perfect thank you gift for a friend and found this. :)

I just got through felting it and it is drying right now, but I'm very excited. This is the first time I've ever felted anything and it worked great.

I'll post a pic of the finished project, but in the meantime here is a picture of it in progress. Everytime I put it down, my cat jumped on it. I had to go buy some wool to make him one as he is going to be heartbroken to see this go.

010-1.jpg

The sides were upright prior to use. Charles likes lay on the sides. It was completely flat when I went over and asked if I could take a picture of him in it. :D

015-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived