Noah's Ark Afghan CAL

smileygirl

:devil Hummmmm...don't have the book...just looked it up though. Noah's Ark title sounds nice. I'll have to see if I can find the book IRL and see if it's something I would like to jump in on.

Amy

I have the book and I'm in!

I had started this ghan last year. I made the sheep! :D I set it down because I was having trouble with the gauge. I'm currently doing the Butterfly Shawl CAL but I'm waiting for my thread to come in so I think I'll jump in here and do this one too. This ghan is for my son and I'd really like to finish this one up ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm presently working on it now. I have all the panels done and working on the appliques now. I figure it would be easier to stitch them onto the panels first and then assemble it.

I'm still here and plugging along...at a snails pace though. I've just been working on so many different projects that I just keep rotating through what I feel like working on that day. :lol

smileygirl: I didn't get exact colors.....I just took my book in to Hobby Lobby and compared the yarn colors to the book and picked colors as close as possible.

Here's progress pic to show how far I've gotten:

2006_08_05_noahsark1.jpg

• 2 months later...

There doesn't seem to be a huge interest in this but I'm still here. :D Do you have your book yet?

Actually, I haven't picked this project back up since the last pic I posted. :blush Blogging and reading boards seem to eat away at all my crochet time. I really do need to step away from the mouse and pick up those hooks. :lol I do want to give this to my son for either his birthday (end of Nov.) or for Christmas so I do need to get back to it. So many projects, so very little time left! :eek

I've got mine almost done. Course I didn't realize when I started my that a few of you ladies were going to do it as a Crochet-along. Before stitching the panels together, I'm stitching the animals on to the side panels FIRST. I need to go buy yarn to make the ark, elephant and hippo. I have everything else done but those. I bought the yarn for all the panels and been using scrap yarn left over from other projects for the rest of it. So far, it's coming out pretty good. I think rather than have it for an 'afghan', I'll get some material, put the hanging loops on the top, stitch it to the material and make a wall hanging out of it.

I've got mine almost done. Course I didn't realize when I started my that a few of you ladies were going to do it as a Crochet-along. Before stitching the panels together, I'm stitching the animals on to the side panels FIRST. I need to go buy yarn to make the ark, elephant and hippo. I have everything else done but those. I bought the yarn for all the panels and been using scrap yarn left over from other projects for the rest of it. So far, it's coming out pretty good. I think rather than have it for an 'afghan', I'll get some material, put the hanging loops on the top, stitch it to the material and make a wall hanging out of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just started this one for my best friend she has been waiting on her afghan for about 5 yrs and I keep doing other ones in front of hers because I could never find the right one to do for her well I found it and it is this one so I thought I would send you all a note and let you know that I just started it hehe I have 3 rows done on the main panel so far. Will keep you posted.

Hi,

I am going to make the Noah's Ark blanket from this Month's Crochet magazine. It is on the cover and I just loved it. Is it the same?? Has anyone seen it?

Archived