dumb question

irish_leeny

This is Smiley's! A wonder of fibery goodness both online and with a store in New York. http://www.smileysyarns.com/

They have very good prices, with a reasonable $40 minimum purchase required. If you go in with friends, or are a yarnaholic like me you can get a lot of yarn for little $$$

The minimum requirement and a somewhat high shipping have prevented me from buying from them, but they do have great prices and you can save quite a bit of money if you are buying a large quantity.

Once I was trying to get there from Manhattan (I go into 'the city' to spend a day there sometimes). After about an hour of a SLOW subway ride during which I encountered a whole bunch of gang members of the Latin King Nation, the subway people told me that I had to take the bus the rest of the way because of some mechanical trouble or some such thing....:angry I just gave up at that point and turned around.

I should have just driven to Queens.

I'm considering a safari to Queens one of these days to hit the store, you'll know when I'm going cause I'll have just won the Jersey Lottery. Yeah, the shipping is higher than when I ordered last time; but where I was living there WAS no local yarn stores; the nearest Michaels was an hour away; and it cost me less to pay shipping charges then shlep the family (and pay for what THEY wanted) plus feed them.

Archived