Anyone speak German? and a yarn washing question

Can anyone tell me what the word "waschmaschinenfest" means? I'm pretty sure it's German, and it's printed on the label to my little ball of Brazilia. I'm guessing it means it's machine washable just from the look of the word (which is totally making me giggle every time I look at it because it looks like there's a party going on in the washing machine :)) ) Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that's really what it says before I use it on anything I'd plan on machine-washing.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a guide to those cryptic laundering symbols you see on yarn labels? Some of them I understand, like the tub of water with a temperature printed on it or an iron with an X across it, but other ones, like the triangle with an X through it or a P in a circle with a line underneath, I have no clue. Tried searching Google, but I must be using the wrong keywords since I don't come up with anything useful...

I speak German, but the others beat me to it. :) Waschmachinefest just means the colors will stay true in the wash. Or as Beth of ThreeOliveMartini fame said, machine washable.

As for fest - that does mean a festival or fair too. So a translation to "washing machine party" is technically possible. ;)

wash machines firmly

I did it on bable fish

you need to space out the words and I checked with a friend and she said thats correct

waschmaschinenfest space out like this to get the word

wasch maschinen fest

Archived