Alice Fowler Originals Question...

gabbygayle

Question

I noticed that there was someone looking for the Alice Fowler Originals patterns quite a while ago. Did anyone find them? They are so beautiful--almost lacelike--only made with fingering or baby yarn and a small steel hook. I bought one baby layette pattern and made the whole set. It was a gift for a new baby and was a big hit. Since the pattern was copied on a single sheet of paper, I remember putting it inside of a hardcover crochet book; and now I can't find the book or the pattern.

I sure hope that this lady didn't throw away the patterns or if she died or something that her family didn't dump them. I'm asking everyone I can think of if they know anything about these patterns; if I actually find "Alice Fowler" I think those patterns are important enough to archive them on their own web site and possibly sell them from there. Meanwhile, I'm searching for the patterns and hope that I can buy them somewhere. :yay

8 answers to this question

hi- I saw your post and I have many of those patterns. I bought them years ago and just came across them when I was going through my patterns. I know theres at least 20 of them are your interested in any in perticular?

Oh wow!! I almost gave up finding these patterns! I don't remember seeing anything about copyright on the pattern I bought, [all patterns are copyrighted regardless of whether it is specifically stated, no requests for copying is allowed on the board at any time] (both of you--lol) The pattern I had was the baby set that almost looked like a ripple pattern only lacey. It had squares crocheted together for the yoke and she used a picture of this one in at least a couple of her ads. But, being the greedy person I am, I want every one that I can lay my hands on! lol They were all beautiful.

Please let me know, my email is [please do not post email addresses in public forum. Members can pm you or email you through your profile]. I can't wait!! hugs, Gayle

Thanks everyone for your help! I think I've got the patterns I need. The power went out in my neighborhood for about 8 hours today--came back on at 11:15 p.m.--I was just itchin' to get back on here. It's been a hectic day but has turned out soooo good! Thank you again.

On 8/14/2020 at 9:30 AM, Patricia Bryan said:

How do i buy a pattern (s)

Sorry Patricia, but the original poster posted this back in 2006. I doubt she is even a active member anymore. There are references on the oombawka.com website but I have not checked it out.

Edited by ReniC

Welcome to the 'ville Patricia, and I agree with what ReniC said above .

Crochetville doesn't host pattern sales but if you go to the main menu here, then under crochet discussion > Crochet patterns > Patterns for sale links, members may be selling patterns themselves or perhaps have just posted a cool patterns-for-sale link they found somewhere, BUT you will have to follow up yourself to  to find the seller.  Don't be surprised if a link that isn't fairly recent doesn't pan out.

Edited by Granny Square