Monty Python

Well, hubby and I were watching Monty Python reruns last night and there was a sketch about grannies who attacked people and were basically deliquents in the community. They "interviewed" a couple who said their grandmother was OK until she started crocheting. They said she does it all day long and goes through quite a few balls of wool a day, and if she can't get them, she turns violent.

My husband was howling in laughter saying, "That's you! That's you!"

• 5 weeks later...

I know which sketch you are talking about but I never caught that, will pay better attention next time I'm watching that one!:lol

• 1 month later...

Hell's Grannies!! :rofl

OMG, that's one of my favorite sketches. I love it when they start pushing around the typical "bad guys."

My all time favorite has to be the Spanish Inquisition with the comfy couch, though! :rofl

I love Monty Python but this "Hell's Grannies" sketch is probably the one of the funniest sketches ever.

I so agree, but I also am quite fond of the skit in which one learns to defend themself against a agressor armed with fruit. You gotta love those guys. Ooh! ohh! I think that I just figured out my Halloween costume for this year...I:grandma'll be a Hell's Granny! yea! We all should do it and then share pictures.

Monty is fun ....spam spam spam spam, the SOFT chair (spanish inquision skit is my all time fave)

a suggestion if you haven't seen it already: Black Adder. Kind of along the same lines and great brit humor :D Queenie is a hoot! Off with your head!

I so agree, but I also am quite fond of the skit in which one learns to defend themself against a agressor armed with fruit. You gotta love those guys. Ooh! ohh! I think that I just figured out my Halloween costume for this year...I:grandma'll be a Hell's Granny! yea! We all should do it and then share pictures.

I'd love to be in on that! :lol

Yammy - The spam sketch is hilarious, too! I love seeing Graham Chapman screaming "I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!" Black Adder is really funny too! We've got them here in the library where I work on VHS.

Who is everyone's favorite python, btw? Michael Palin is mine, hands down. ("I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day...")

Archived