Afghan squares (cushion cover)

rose_anglaise

These afghan squares were one of my earliest crochet projects, made with cotton rope to a pattern in "quick crochet huge hooks" by Sally Harding. I'd been putting off the task of sewing them to the cushion cover for a month, but last night's snoringly dull football match (Switzerland v Ukraine) on tv turned out to be the motivation I needed!!

Our little nursery doesn't yet have a chair or cosy corner in which to sit, so for now the cushion is providing a comfy place for Bunny to rest while he patiently awaits the arrival of our baby at the end of August. :)

That's lovely-great colors! I've looked at that book a couple of times at the store,:hook I may just have to pick it up now.:hug Blessings to you and baby-to-be!

Thanks!

Kimberly, the Sally Harding book is really inspiring. I haven't yet tried any really BIG hooks (had to order a set of "Crystalites" in sizes 8-11.5mm from the States, as nothing that big seems to be available over here) but I've got my eye on a circular rug in that book which is crocheted in a spiral using fabric strips ... Something else for the nursery! :)

Archived