Crochet rant

I have gotten several orders lately which has been really nice. But there are different time frames to work around so it's been interesting sorting them out.

So the orders concerned are as follow: One bunny crib size blanket done by March 17th. (Hopefully that is. She's very understanding if it's not) A baby set including a blanket, jacket, bonnet and booties by April 4th. And then a duck crib size blanket for the same gal as the other blanket.

(Am I confusing you yet?)

So I had had some problems ordering the yarn for the crib size blankets (Do to finding the colors needed) but finally got it ordered. Then I started the baby set with some white Jamie baby yarn I had bought from ebay. After not getting the yarn I ordered for a week (I hoped it would be within a week) I rechecked the conformation email I had gotten. Please allow 1 to 3 weeks for delivery. OH! Emailed the gal and couldn't get anywhere. So the yarn will be in on the 28th. (Tomorrow) Okay. I"m working on the baby set and only need more yarn for the blanket. So Dad stopped by Joann's for my last monday and got it for me. (As well as two Jamie bonus bundles of a pretty multi color that he threw in as a gift!) So I'm working on the blanket and pretty sure that I can get it done between tonight and tomorrow morning. (8 rows left!) Yesterday I was not in a good mood emotionally. A bit stressed out. So I"m upstairs working on the blanket and I bring the jacket set up to finish off some ends. That's when I saw them together. THEY AREN'T THE SAME!!!!!! NOOOOO!! The yarn that Dad got me is brighter! But they are both White 200. (obviously the yarn I got off ebay was older. They've changed the label colors now) So, I'll finish the blanket and use the leftover roll I have to start the jacket again. It will just not be done early. As far as the bunny blanket goes, I have 15 days so we'll see. Well, I got an extra baby set out of this. I hope it goes alright.

Thanks for letting me rant!

Amber

Amber

Your entitled to rant:eek2 , you certainly have your work cut out for you. I ran into the same problem a while back. So eventually I just stopped crocheting for everyone else. I crocheted baby blankets, hats, booties. Then some afghans

etc., then when someone wanted something I brought out my stash of "Ready made items" and let them pick. It got alot easier. When I did have special request, I could take that on if I wanted and it became less stressful. Of course I just crochet mostly for fun, if your commissioned it certainly takes

away your freedom.

Lots of luck with your projects! I am sure everything will work out fine. :hug2

Lisa

You poor thing! That's stressful. :hug Working on a short deadline is tough enough without problems with your yarn not showing up.

I hate it when yarn doesn't come when I need it. Had that problem with Herrschners one time--ordered some pretty yarn from their sale area. The listing said they had something like 48 skeins, I ordered 18 for a blanket, they said it shipped, it never came, and eventually I got a backorder notice saying the yarn wouldn't be in until after I needed to have the afghan made. Grumph! (Turns out they had the quantity they claimed they did, but not enough of the same dye lot to ship mine.) I wouldn't order from them for ages after that--I was so mad, esp. since I got an email that it had shipped with a tracking number and everything. (Nobody ever could explain that part to me...)

Thanks gals. :)

I am really glad that all of my current customers are so considerate. And I have some instock items, I have done best with custom orders so far.

Oh I can bet you would be mad an herschners! Iyiyi!

Thanks Hilary!

I was able to get 8 rows of the new sweater done. So, I'm feeling a bit better.

Thanks agian! It's so great to have a place like this!

Amber

:hug Oh I know how frustrating that can be!! I had that happen a couple of times where I had less than a whole skein of yarn left to make a project - run to the store to get the same color only to find out it's more shiny than the original skein I had! In one case I hadnt yet started the project, so I combined them in a pattern that was less noticeable. But to have finished one item (especially a baby sweater!) and find out after almost finishing the second item that they are different shades I know can be extremely frustrating. So ((BIG HUGS)) to you girl!!

auhh. Thanks. :)

I currently have 15 rows done on the sweater. I need 25 and then the sleeves and edging. Then the bonnet and booties again. The baby blanket is just a couple rows from being done. I should get it done tomorrow morning before I get the yarn. Which reminds me. I should check the shipping proccess. yep, it's on time. After I get that it will be a mad dash to do that blanket. I hope I don't forget to take pictures of it! It will be the one on the back of the booklet you showed me Coralie. I won the auction and that's the one she wants.

I'll keep you updated if you want!

I've got to get to bed now. We are up at 5 in the morning now and it's 8:30 now.

Amber

Go girl! Understanding customers are nice and they are lucky to have YOU!!!

I'm tired just reading all that you're doing.

Pardon me while I recover

:faint

Deb

lol. How are you doing Deb?

The Yarn came! Yippeeiooo! Now I can start that blanket. Well, I'm almost done with the gauge and I have to start dinner now. But, maybe tonight definetly tomorrow I'll be working on it. And then it's me against the clock, again.

Amber

Hi Coralie!

I've already got the first strop of Purple bunnies done and am almost half way done with the first pink strip! It is a cute pattern and I'm enjoying it. (I have tried patterns that I don't enjoy, but this stitching is nice) I'll keep you informed! I want it delievered by the 17th if possible. but, I'm not sure. (By the way, I hate doing pom poms. They never work out just right for me. But I've got some new instructions for them so I'll try again and if I can't do it, I'll buy some. :)) I've got to run and get lunch now! Thanks so much for asking about it, and letting me know about the booklet in the first place!

Amber

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought that I would update you all on my little bunny afghan. Thursday evening I was all but five rows done with the crocheting and I had several of the pom poms and tassles done. I am going with my brother today to help with an open house. (Help if anyone with kids comes by) And it's only 21 minutes from the customers house. So she could pick it up there! Only one thing. The afghan wasn't as wide as it should have been, so I was pretty sure that she would want one or two sections added. So I called her and sure enough, Sunday would be great to pick it up and two sections would be wide enough. So I'm working furiously to have it done (She is so good about it though. She has made it clear that it's quite alright if it's not done by then. The baby won't know the difference if it gets it this month or this summer) I even took it Friday evening to a concert we went to. But last night was the big rush on it. And, it's done! I have to go trim the edges now and that's it. Yippeee! I'm so glad I got it done in time. Now I just have to contact Judi this morning. Thanks for all your support!

Amber

Archived